Malta in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

duncan1958

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
Fancy getting some diving in on Malta.
Who to use..
Water temp as have my own kit and dont want to take more than I need in way of wetsuit.
Places to stay.
Single diver so pretty flexible.

I'll be in malta the last week of oct/first of november and I'm diving with Aquatica. They're hosting a whole group of us and have been absolutely lovely to work with and came highly recommended by friends. Let me know how it is and if theres any sites I absolutely HAVE to dive while I'm there.

Have booked up with dive deep blue from 6th Oct till 14th
Very helpful with pointing me in direction of booking agents for hotel of which they will be picking me up from to take to dive centre etc.
Will let all know how it goes as and when.

Just got back from a great week diving with Dive Deep Blue ,was made to feel welcome right from the start (being a single diver) Over the six days dived 13 times only returning to one site once not that I was upset about that at all.
Water temp was 24c even down to 40 mtrs my computor never showed a different temp I thought it might be broken :)
Great mix of reef and wreck dives,caves/swim throughs and the viz was fantastic 20/30 mtrs plus sometimes.
Was picked up from my hotel which was one of the ones recomended to me by Dive Deep Blue on my first day and was able to leave my kit there all week seeing as I was doing a weeks worth of diving and at the sad end of a great week was dropped off at my hotel,which was only a five minuet walk away.
The hotel itself was comfotable and clean,well located for bars etc though not in a noisey area ,and a cinema as well close by.
The dive guides were very good knowledgable and safe.
Plenty of time for lunch inbetween dives sometimes requiring to de kit as we moved to a different dive site for the seconed or third dive of the day.
Mix of shore diving along with boat was laid on through out the week and the longest day was the trip to Gozo which was well worth it.Most days we were finished and back the the dive centre by around 15.00 hrs,starting at 08.00 most days to ensure getting to the dive sites in good time.
Malta is popular with divers for good reason,the country is also pro divers,most of not all dive sites have facilities to enter and exit the water stapes or ladders,and toilets so no need to pee in ones wetsuit or behind a bush.
Would I go again..in a heart beat,my dive buddy has been going for 12 years and with the same dive centre Dive Deep Blue as had many of the divers I met through out my week of diving.

Yeah, Malta has some very nice diving, and the temperatures/weather this year was fantastic! Stayed in Mellieha from late september until 11/10 this year(2nd trip diving Malta), and booked with Seashell Divecentre. Great wreckdives on Imperial Eagle & Um-El-Faroud, and Blue Hole/Inland Sea on Gozo. Caves/Caverns on Comino etc. Used only my 5mm semidry, and stayed warm all the time. Usually it's a bit colder in October, last year I used a 7mm wetsuit. My favourite dives on Malta so far is Lantern Point with the 16m chimney drop-down, and Faroud....

Back
Top Bottom