Getting from Manado to Sorong??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jarviz

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going on a liveaboard leaving from Sorong but I was thinking of going to Lembeh first for 3 or 4 days diving.
What route or airline has anyone taken to get from Manado to Sorong???

I'm going on a liveaboard leaving from Sorong but I was thinking of going to Lembeh first for 3 or 4 days diving.
What route or airline has anyone taken to get from Manado to Sorong???

Wings Air, check Lion Air's web site for the schedule for the date(s) that you are interested in. Merpati also flies that route, but I'd use Merpati only as a last resort.

im actually in Lembeh right now. Express also does it..but my first choice would be Lion..but it's not an every day flight, so just make sure to check their website for the schedule. I'd avoid Express as, among other things, you can't see prices online and the tickets are difficult to purchase, even for an Indo airline. There are also likely options connecting through Makassar...Sriwijaya and maybe others.

been a while since i have been there,but i do remember its a pretty rubbishy city...some cheaper backpacker places near the wharf area somewhere,and some better places in the suburbs...
someone else will reply though thats been there more recently...
oh,and SKY AVIATION does not fly there,it was just a thought...

Indeed you can use lion/wing and express for direct flight Manado - Sorong, but not daily and may not fit the resort/LOB schedule in Sorong.
The easy way is to connect via Makasar - and you have more choices. Sriwijaya now have 2 daily flight (very early morning) from Manado to Sorong. You can aslo use 1 daily flight of lion air.
We will be diving at Kri after Nusa Lembongan. We will use Garuda evening flight from Denpasar ETA 21:00 - and then Sriwijaya air at 04:30 am.
There's 6 hourly rooms for stay inside Makasara airport. but not sure if we really need it.

Novotel golf and convention center in Manado was AWESOME. We got it last year at a very discounted price at I believe agoda( around $45-50 total). They even took us back and forth free to the airport. Rooms were nice and they packed us a little breakfast since we had an early morning flight. I would do Lembeh for sure before your trip!!!!!!!!! We love KBR!!! We flew Express air from Manado to Sorong with no problems at all! All of our bags made it and the fees were not too bad for luggage!

Wings Air fly Mon, Wed, Friday and it departs MDC @ 1425. Express Air currently runs Tues, Thurs, Saturday and departs @ 0700! As other people have said you can not book express air in advance (only 30 days) so you can either risk this or book to go a day early and unfortuately be stuck in Sorong....Or look to route through UPG which may give more options.
Hotel in Manado - I would look at either Sintesa Peninsula or Notovel (even though this is 30mins out of the city) or head to spend a couple of days at a resort much nicer than being in the city!!

Hello from Manado,
Manado - Sorong
Mon, Wed, Fri Wings IW1177 14:25-17:15
Tue, Thu, Sat Express XN9000 06:00-08:40 (cannot book more than 30 days out)

Sorong - Manado
Mon, Wed, Fri Wings IW1178 09.25 - 10.15
Tue, Thu, Sat, Express XN9001 12:00-12:40

- luggage allowance 15 kg (Wings) and 10 kg (Express)
- surcharge per kg excess appr. Rp 16,500 (Wings), Rp 50,000 (Express)
- NOTE that Express are paper tickets

Also have a look at manadosafaris.com/flights.php, Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom