Is Dive Komodo a good outfit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TeeZee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm having some trouble getting the people at Dive Komodo to answer my emails. So far they are the only boat I can find running a 3-4 day trip around January 7, so I'd like to go with them, but I've sent a few emails to get more details that have gone unanswered. Anyone know them to be a good operation? Thanks.

I haven't used them but I believe they leave from Bali and return to Bali, which is a lot of traveling while not diving for 4 days with scant time around Komodo. What boat and itinerary do they offer? I recommend flying to Luban Bajo and diving Komodo from a boat already in the park area.

Thanks. I did finally hear from them, but the trip they told me about is not 100%. I do plan on going to Labuan Bajo. Any other boats or operators I could try? Divine is also not 100% and CN is not doing trips in January.

Most of the operators I have used for Komodo spend their winter in Raja Ampat. I think if you post a list of available boats you might get some recommendations.

Try the Moana. They have some great 4 night itineraries.

---------- Post Merged on November 5th, 2012 at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous Post was on November 4th, 2012 at 04:53 PM ----------

Sorry, it looks as if the Moana largely closes down from early January until March.

Good luck.

Hi Tee Zee,

Sorry that your booking email's have been overlooked. We were having some trouble finalising the schedule with conflicting booking dates. But we can run a trip from the 8th Jan for you. So please resend you email to info@divekomodo.com and we will get right onto it!

Best,

Greg.
DiveKomodo.

Sent yet another message a few days ago, still no response. Is the internet connection there really unreliable?

I came back from a liveaboard trip on the Tatawa, one of Dive Komodo boats, a few days ago. It was just perfect.
They operate from Labuan Bajo, not Bali, so it's only two or three hours sailing before you can reach a dive site.

NO we are definitely Labuan Bajo based.

I haven't used them but I believe they leave from Bali and return to Bali, which is a lot of traveling while not diving for 4 days with scant time around Komodo. What boat and itinerary do they offer? I recommend flying to Luban Bajo and diving Komodo from a boat already in the park area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom