Where can I find one....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubadawg

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Oceanic Datatrans Plus dive Computer, the plastic lens protector is starting to getting blurry and want to replace it. Unfortunatley they dont make anything for this computer anymore except for the batteries. Any ideas on another Computer that might have a similar screen size that may fit?
Does anyone know of a company that makes a "Universal Cut to Fit"
It would even better if a LDS rep on this board happened to have one in stock.
dtp.jpg

ScubaDawg:

As a third option have you considered trying to buff the haze off the lens?? They make the kits for car headlights, but one thing I've used for plastic buffing in the past is the small flapper buffing wheel in my dremel with jeweler's rouge on it. It restored scratched electronic eyes on hands free faucets after cleaning folks used green scrub pads to score the surface.

Another cure for this is toothpaste and a soft cloth. I don't know about the results on this last one, but it is alleged to work well.

I thought I'd give you some Plan B options in case you aren't able to locate a replacement.

Regards,
Lee

I'll polish mine out with Meguiars plastic cleaner and polish.

Go to Walmart and get a i-phone lens protecter ( or any other smart phone ). I have one on my Nitek-Q and it works great. Just trim to fit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom