Ideas for dive watch/timer that is color and can easily be seen during a night dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crass3000

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have an Atomic Cobalt dive computer and love the ease of use and great color screen that is always on so it can easily be seen anytime during a night dive. Even your dive buddy can easily see how much air you have.

I am looking for something similar in a dive watch. My biggest gripe with the Atomic Cobalt is that it although it shows dive time in minutes, it does not show the seconds or have a timer that can be easily reset to help as another aid with underwater navagation. Basically I would be happy with something as basic as a stopwatch that is a color screen display that can easily be seen at night. I don't even really need the time but I wouldn't mind it.

Anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance if you know of such a product. I am hoping for something I can put on my arm next to my compass as I don't use the Atomic Cobalts compass.

FWIW I would gladly trade their compass feature for a simple timer as everybody I have spoke with that has the Cobalt doesn't bother with the compass feature do to calibration needs.

Take a look at the Liquivision Xen. OLED, color, big screen, and I'm pretty sure it has a stopwatch.

Was hoping to keep things "relatively" cheap. I guess under $200 maybe. Willing to consider anything but really don't want to get a new computer. Not really sure if what I am looking for exists.

Edit: Took a look at what was recommended above and it seems like my dream watch/guage. I'm sure it's worth it but wish it was a little cheaper. Seems like a good option used. Thanks!!! If anybody has any other ideas that would be great.

Last edited:
Your requirements and budget of $200 does not match.

The Xen does show up used from time to time. I just sold one.

Your requirements and budget of $200 does not match.
I can see where this is likely true. I don't really know what's out there and my main focus now is acually trying to get my mom all set up with a good computer and rig, etc. That was just a number I threw out there but it's flexible but less of a priority.

The Xen does show up used from time to time. I just sold one.
I saw that. I think my budget may see a used Xen in it's future.

Back
Top Bottom