New Hollis wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mitchell Teeters

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know about the new wing coming out with internal bungees? Thanks.

It is on Dive Gear Express's site, so I guess it is out now. Give them a call.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They don't seem to be shipping yet. Has anyone managed to get hold of one to try out?

LeisurePro shows the 25 lb in stock and the 38 lb back ordered. DGE shows them both in stock. As for the double wings LP shows the single bladder in stock.

I just received my C45 LX today. Build quality looks superb and everything looks very well thought out. Can't wait to dive it!

I got to see these new wing in Dive and Travel Expo in Santa Clara. They appear well make. Internal bladder is coated nylon type, not urathane, so should be less prone to pitch flat. However, I don't understand the bungee part. Internal or external, why there at all. Hollis, for a few time, has made "interesting" choices.

Bungies have gotten a bad name thanks to OMS and their lift bag wings. When you look at the picture of their huge wing in the DIR fundies book you can't help but laugh. The wing must be a PITA to dive due to the size and the drag. However, my Zeagle Express Tech wing has bungies and it is nice and streamlined. I would imagine it is better to have the bungies on the inside so they don't present an entanglement risk. On thing about Hollis is they do tend to refresh their wings ever couple of years.

If your talking about the LX series (See below )yes my instructor has been using a 25 lb. now for about 2 or 3 months and loves it

Bungies have gotten a bad name thanks to OMS and their lift bag wings. When you look at the picture of their huge wing in the DIR fundies book you can't help but laugh. The wing must be a PITA to dive due to the size and the drag.

They seem to be quite popular with some of the divers in the UK, along with some of the other large, bungeed wings. I never have been able to figure out why.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom