Coco View questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Getting ready to head to Roatan and CocoView on Saturday. Couple of questions.

We will get into Roatan at 11:20am - By the time we clear customs, get baggage, get to resort, etc, would think we would still have time to sneak in a dive that evening? Does Cocoview require the orientation dive like they do in Bonaire? Is it reasonable to think we could get in a shore dive at the front porch before dinner?

The shark dive - is this put on by Cocoview? or is it by another compnay? (do you take CCV's boats or someone else pick you up? Is it worth it?

Thanks!

Getting ready to head to Roatan and CocoView on Saturday. Couple of questions.

We will get into Roatan at 11:20am - By the time we clear customs, get baggage, get to resort, etc, would think we would still have time to sneak in a dive that evening? Does Cocoview require the orientation dive like they do in Bonaire? Is it reasonable to think we could get in a shore dive at the front porch before dinner?

The shark dive - is this put on by Cocoview? or is it by another compnay? (do you take CCV's boats or someone else pick you up? Is it worth it?

Thanks!

They do require an orientation dive

see here

"Normal Orientation: (Recommended)
The normal dive orientation is Sunday morning at 8:30am, upstairs in the clubhouse.
There is a 24 minute DVD followed by a shore dive with one or more of our Dive
Masters. The cost of this Sunday orientation dive is included with your dive package.
Please take the time on Saturday afternoon to identify your assigned boat (noted on
the blackboard in the breezeway at the back dock), locate the boat and its associated
gear locker, get your gear unpacked and set it up in your locker. You can also obtain
your weights from the weight room located on the back dock.
Optional Saturday Orientation:
For those of you that arrive early on Saturday and want to get in the water ASAP, you
can choose this option. You will need to view the DVD on Sunday morning during the
regular orientation. Prior to the Saturday orientation, you will need to identify your
assigned boat (noted on the blackboard in the breezeway at the back dock), locate the
boat and its associated gear locker, get your gear unpacked and set it up in your
locker. You can also obtain your weights from the weight room located on the back
dock. The Dive Master will meet you in the locker area to complete the dive.
You must be geared up and ready to enter the water by 3:00pm. 1-2 people $25
($12.50 each) 3 or more persons $10 each. Please pay the Dive Master directly
before the dive. "

Must do the orientation dive.
Shark dive is through a different operator using non-Coco View boats, its worth it.
Bring bug spray.
Ask Willie the Bartender to make you one of his famous Mudslides...Other bartenders make em, but once you've had Wille's Mudslide you'll never want anyone elses.

Get ready for great diving, delicious food and fanstastic customer service!

thanks all - is the shark dive a single dive? or a two tank? I get up close and personal with the sandtigers here in NC - but always enjoy them.

Cameras allowed I would think?

I knew there was something else I needed to tell you, you are going to be signed up for the early checkout dive. :)

I knew there was something else I needed to tell you, you are going to be signed up for the early checkout dive. :)

Ha Herman. Sent you an email asking if you wanted to do an early dive. Glad you know me well!

It is an ORIENTATION dive. To show you around the "Front Yard".

Yes, certainly, there is an element of "is this guy a danger to himself or the reef", but all in all, if you wade in, get buoyant, don't thrash, it will be a very important "orientation" of where the objects are in the Front Yard dive site and the Wrecks.

This is the place where you can do a night dive by falling off your cabin steps, this will be the return point for dives #2 & #4.

Go slowly in this area. It is shallow and full of life- a lot of people race by it and see nothing. Notice the manmade placed objects that includes "buoyancy diamonds", the shipwreck (and it's precise orientation), the DC3, the two walls, the bottom depths, the two reef structures... and most importantly: the anchor chain that runs from the ship to your room. If you take the time to understand this, you will never get lost.

See more here CoCoView Explained In Pictures Photos by Doc_Adelman | Photobucket

It is an ORIENTATION dive. To show you around the "Front Yard".

Yes, certainly, there is an element of "is this guy a danger to himself or the reef", but all in all, if you wade in, get buoyant, don't thrash, it will be a very important "orientation" of where the objects are in the Front Yard dive site and the Wrecks......

Well, when I went a few years ago, it was very much a checkout dive with skills testing including mask fill, reg removal/retrieve, etc.. This was not a bad thing as there were a mixture of experience levels among the guests. I believe some took a refresher class after not doing so well on the ORIENTATION dive.

Well, when I went a few years ago, it was very much a checkout dive with skills testing including mask fill, reg removal/retrieve, etc.. This was not a bad thing as there were a mixture of experience levels among the guests. I believe some took a refresher class after not doing so well on the ORIENTATION dive.

I sure hope so....I can't wait to see the DMs face with this bunch....there are at least 5 of us diving double hose regs. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom