Oceanlog and iMac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_frog

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have an older VT Pro and the Oceanlog software says it will only run on a PC. I recently purchased an iMac. Is there any comparable software that will work in a Mac environment.

MacDive2 says it works with the VT Pro. It costs $25. I have no experience with it, but other people on Scubaboard seem to like it.
MacDive

Oceanic now has a Mac equivalent for its PC dive log software. It is called Diverlog and is available for download from the Mac App Store. Works with OS 10.6 and newer. Comes in two flavors, a Lite version that is free and a $25 version with more bells and whistles. I have used the Lite version with the VT 3 and more recent models. However the last time I checked, the VT Pro was not in the list of supported computers.

Hope this helps somewhat...

Thanks Dan. I am out of town right now but it looks like MacDive2 will work.

i did contact Oceanic and they mentioned Divelog. When I asked about VT Pro compatibility, that was when they mentioned that they no longer support the VT Pro and Divelog will not work.

FINALLY, I got around to using this program. It is pretty slick. Personally, I think it is more comprehensive than the original Oceanlog software. Dan, thanks again for the info. $25 sure beats buying a new dive computer.

Glad it worked out for you! I've been using the free Lite version of the Oceanic software. Now tempted to spend the $25 ...

Lite version has a 5 dive limit (I think that's what it was). For what we pay for scuba gear, $25 was a drop in the bucket. I took the gamble and it paid off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom