weather during June-July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What is the weather like generally during June-July in Roatan? Is it really hot and sticky humid? buggy? Water in the 80s?
Since I have only been there during Nov, I do realize it would be completely different.

My husband and I are going to take a dive trip finally... yes, it has to be soon, either June or July. We are trying to come up with the best plan, not sure yet where we want to go.

robin

I was in Roatan during the June last year. Water temp averaged 83, and air temp most days was mid to upper 80's. Humidity is a bit high some days, but really not bad. We stayed at AKR and had an air conditioned room. I would not stay anywhere I didn't have A/C. We did not have any problems with bugs. I did not think it was any hotter than Coz, Puerto Aventuras, Bonaire, or Key Largo, and I have been to all of them in June or July.

hey Robin it gets pretty warm during the summer months but CCV has the SE breezes so it stays nice...plus during the heat of the day if you are not under water relax in your air conditioned room...front yard can get in the upper 80's I had one reading of 91 LOL..I was in 3ft of water at depth it was around 82-84 just the way I like it ;-P

I won't go back at that time of year or May either. I find it too hot for me and the bugs eat me alive. I have friends who love the weather in June.

In the last ten days on the South side at CCV we've had two days that were humid, five days of flat calm seas, the rest were 1's and 2's.

One three minute rain dump.

The near shore surface temps got to 88 degrees, at depth was 83-84 degrees.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom