Wetsuit diving in/near Chicago

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

riggerjonny

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So, I'm going to be in Chicago on the 17th and 18th of June and would like to get in he water. Thequestion being, what are the conditions like in the area this time of year. I dive California in a 7 mil with booties gloves and a hood. Will I be able to dive the great lakes with this set up or will I freeze? Also if the conditions are good is there are good dive operator that would operate on a Monday or Tuesday?

thanks, Jonny

Add a 3m vest to your outfit and you'll be good to go.

There's a pretty big range of temperatures depending on depth, recent weather, time of year... I've seen temperatures from 41 F to 77 F on Lake Michigan wrecks in three years of diving here. If you go to the shallower wrecks in the southern part of Lake Michigan you can be quite happy in a 7 mm wetsuit.

Are you looking to join a Lake Michigan charter? PM me if you want any suggestions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom