Dive Boat Maui - Kihei

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Severns, or Ed robinsons 3 tank, Pro diver and B&B are good too. Haven't been with any others so can't comment. They all pretty much go to molokini for the first dive then somewhere along the south Maui coast for dive 2. The 3 tank with ed might do 2 dives at molokini depending on conditions.

In 2011, we went out on the boat Maui Diamond II. It was such a good dive that we went out again the following day and dove to opposite side of the back wall. It was amazing! The current was ripping around End of the World - it was like a ride at some amusemnt park. :D Would love to to it again! As we carry our own gear - I have not idea about their rental stuff. Have a great time!

Last edited:
+1 on the Ed Robinson Adventure dive (3 tank advanced dives). I had a blast with them. Did two on the back wall with zero current so were able to do a deeper spot.

I like the Mike Severns boat for experienced divers. The operation has a strong focus on unusual endemic species, and has a lot of critter ID material on board. I can't comment on their equipment, though, because I always take my own.

Ed Robinsons 3-tank charter on Tuesdays is a guaranteed advanced charter. For us, that's a "must do" charter when we're on island (4-5x year).

Wednesdays 2-tank dive with Ed himself is usually the first tank at Reef's End deep (Molokini), and he often splits the 2nd tanks going to the Hell Diver and a shallow reef.

OP's post is, to me, interesting:
Which dive operator is the best for Dive Boats to Molokini for experienced divers? New equipment with dive computers would be great

OK, why interesting? Well, for one thing, how does the OP define "experienced diver" and the request for "new equipment with dive computers" doesn't match my definition of "experienced diver."

To me, an "experienced diver" isn't going to ask the question the OP asks. One can really only answer "what dive operator is best" by asking, "for what?" Only when you can answer the question, "What type of dive do you want to do?" can you then start to answer the question, "What dive op will best help me do the type of dive I want to do?"

I've done a fair number of dives to Molokini over the years with at least three different dive ops and I like all of them and have found things to criticize for all of them. My last dive there was with B & B (a shop I really like and is very close to where I stay). I did two dives and each dive was really, let's just say, two dives in one. The first half of each dive I was somewhat of a baby sitter and the second half of each dive was just me and the guide having a ball. I think I'm an experienced diver and I had a lot of fun -- but that was my goal for the dive, to have fun.

OP -- what are YOUR goals for your dives off Molokini? Only when you answer can someone really give you an appropriate response.

Do the Adventure-X on Wednesdays with Ed Robinson. Bring sun-block and a hat.

If you're on the West end, Lahaina Divers is also good.
Check the title: Dive Boat Maui - Kihei.

Lahaina is a 45min. drive from Kihei. And they leave pretty early. To go back to Molokini which is straight out from where you're already at.

I stay in Kahana (North of Lahaina) and it's worth the drive to Kihei to take that early morning boat. Nothing against Lahaina Divers, I've gone out with them a lot to Molokai and Lanai, but they do cater less to advanced divers than the Ed Robinson advanced trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom