Bricked Pro+2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Linedog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I had my PP2 connected to my Mac, when I did this in the past, everything on the screen of my PP would light up. Looked like a self check to show all of the graphics work. I unplugged it from my Mac but the screen never went back to normal. I removed the battery, screen went blank, popped it back in and nothing! Got a new battery and it still won't fire up! Any hints tips or tricks?

I did something similar a couple times where I let the data cable pop loose from the proplus2 while it was syncing. It was frozen with all the characters lit up. One time I was able to initiate a new sync session and when it closed the computer went back to its normal state.
Another time I had to remove the battery.

I wonder if you were to try to sync it (even though the screen is blank) if it would come out of it when the sync session closed out. It seems to send an end signal that causes it to go back to normal operation.

Tried to sync it a few times, R&R the battery more than a few times, still had the blank screen of death. Wound up selling to someone who sent it in to Oceanic for a replacment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom