OCi Firmware Update Bricked My Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jamesg546

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So, I installed the latest version of the DiverLog software (Oct. 1, 2013), which is supposed to have fixed the Dive Download and Save error with the OCi. I added the Computer successfully. I then clicked Check for New Firmware. It found a new version and downloaded the firmware and it appeared to be successful. Until I looked at the computer itself. When I tried holding down Mode, it gave me an Altitude Error. I held down Select and it took me to the compass where it basically got stuck. If I tried pressing any other buttons it started beeping and flashing Violation. So, I took out the battery and put it back in thinking maybe it would reset the computer. No, this did not work either. It is now stuck on the dive screen and it says that I am at 23 feet, even though I am not. It gives me a NDC countdown. The light button works. When I press the Mode button it says Earmark Set. The advance button advances through the three dive screens, but I can't get out this. I'm not sure what is going on, but apparently the buggy DiverLog software bricked my OCi. Has anyone else experienced this? What should I do?

Quick update. True to their reputation, Oceanic was very helpful. I'm sending back the watch and they overnighted a replacement one to me so that I won't be without it on my dives this weekend.

Good to hear that customer service is still alive and well in some places.

Never upgrade just before a dive and always download your data before you upgrade.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom