Dive Shop in GTA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_pilot737

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey guys

New dive here looking to start buying my own equipment. Going to start with the basics for now, mask, snorkel, fins, and wetsuit. Just wondering if anyone could recommend a shop in the GTA? I live downtown but am willing to drive a bit to seek out a good shop and good deal of course:wink:.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Aquarius Scuba on Dundas is where we spent a small fortune on 3sets of gear. Their prices are the same for instance on wetsuits as on Leisure Pro, without the exorbitant shipping costs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

A tangent, but I went to The Dive Shop on Davis Drive in Newmarket to get my 1974 aluminum tanks hydro-tested, vs. other shops that wouldn't even look at them. Any shop will sell you gear, but only a few shops are knowledgeable about gear.

We bought our first set of snorkel gear from there back in 06. Don't go up to Newmarket much anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I live out in Ajax. So I'd recommend Dive Source. Good selection and knowledgeable staff. When I lived in Toronto I was willing to drive up to AquaSubScuba in Richmond Hill. Norbert and Jessica are knowledgeable and easy to talk to. They have good equipment and you can usually rent it to see if you like it before buying. When I showed an interest in BP/W Norbert was kind enough to let me try out his doubles. Both locations are Poseidon dealers if you like that brand of regulators (not cheap but highly recommended).

I've been to the Dive Shop on Davis Drive. Another shop I liked and would frequent but it is a bit of a drive from Toronto.

Norbert does weekend trips to the Brockville area in the summer. Always good to go diving with them and stop by Dive Tech for air/nitrox fills. Dive Tech has a LOT of stuff and worth having a look. I've also joined Norbert and Jessica on dives in Barrie.

I used to shop at another dive shop but they went out of business years ago. If I was still in the west end I would check out The Dive Academy in Oakville.

Most the good shops will be willing to negotiate on price. I've alway had good luck with AquaSubScuba and getting a good price.

As an independent instructor, I sell a limited number of lines mostly geared to CCR and Sidemount divers, but if you want a good price on HOG or Hollis gear, contact me via PM

You won't beat online priceing.

How do you know? Have you ever asked? For what it's worth, I match it all the time... I have to. Mostly Edd since he and I sell similar lines.

you seem to live here but say your in nc whats up with that , trying to be some else maybe ? glenn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom