Christmas Island (Australia) diving in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have nothing really to offer, but I have wanted to dive Christmas Island for a long time now. Apparently Christmas Island is good for smaller stuff and coral life, while the Cocos Islands are better for large pelagics. I had a look a while ago and was shocked at the cost of the airfares.

If you do go I'd be keen to hear a trip report!

I qualify this with "it is about 8years since I was there so things out if the water might have changed, I imagine the diving is still the same"

Some of my favorite diving, mostly walls, but also some great caverns running into the island. Great viz, great sealife.

Night dives in the bay are great

No nitrox or rebreather support last I was there

$11 for a lettuce, or $11 for a bottle of Gin (no tax on alcohol). We did not eat much salad.

Accommodation limited, though might have improved or got worse with all the government workers flying in and out to cover the asylum seekers.

Transport on island limited.

Yes flights are expensive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom