Go Pro 3 v Liquid Vision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mick allein III

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am considering purchasing a Go Pro 3 or a Liquid Vision mask. I dive Midwest quarries and Great Lakes. I'm wondering what video quality I can get at down to 130 ft without lighting/ flash etc. I'm new at this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's my youtube channel that has many GoPro videos. Most are a Hero either without light or with a DIY diffused UK Lightcannon. The most recent 2 videos are using a bigblue 1200lumen video light. The GoPro takes great video with a lot of ambient light but not so good when it gets darker without aux. lighting. The Hero 3 has a better image quality than the hero I have been using and with the factory flat lens eliminates the vignetting as well. It is a good cheap video camera but lighting deep makes all the difference.

coldwatervintage - YouTube

My GoPro is my best dive buddy :) Video quality is still pretty good even in deep, dark waters, but I'd definitely bring lights if you want better results. I highly recommend getting the "Aquapod" which is an extendable pole, and allows you to film yourself from a lot of angles, and get your camera right next to wildlife without scaring them off. Knocks the socks off of holding a camera in hand/having it strapped to you.

Do you think Id be able to video a wreck or structure at 70-100 feet on a sunny day with aux lighting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if you loose the mask? Or the skirt wears and leaks? How stupid would you look if you were using the mask to film something on land?

Hero offers expandability and multiple uses.

On a sunny day with good visibility you'll get very clear video at 70-100. On YouTube you'll find innumerable crystal clear shots of tropical wrecks.

Back
Top Bottom