Home many dives before I can take my wreck course and where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hogge

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I live in Europe and have the Padi Advanced cert (and Nitrox).
I have right now around 40 dives and would like to take a wreck dive course.
Should I wait and get more experience?

Where (in which country) is the best place for a wreck beginner, and why? (If anyone recommends a country / area, please let me know which would be the best months to go there)

As I have the possibility to go anywhere in the world as I am lucky and have quite a lot of free miles on some airlines, but the most important is that the diving is worth going there.

Regards
Hogge

What kind of wreck diving are you thinking of? Something like PADI wreck diving specialty or more the type of TDI advanced wreck?

I think I would begin with PADI wreck diving as a start.

Agency does not matter as much as the instructor. Take a recreational wreck course from an instructor that also.dives wrecks and is passionate about them. If the instructor also has a tech diving background that's a plus. He/she will add stuff that is not in the book. By the book alone courses can be very bad. Most are so so. If an entry level course is taught like a tech course you'll get a good one. It should be one you can fail also. Do not limit yourself to any agency.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

You are coming in to the best diving season for Cape Town. I think we have over 300 wrecks to dive here. You can also choose your depth. there are many in less than 18m (Small and broken up) then there are 5 of my favorites lying all together in Smits bay 30-35m and then another favorite the PMB lying in just over 18m of water. If you are lucky you will get a good day diving on the Atlantic with the option of penertrating the Aster. All to tame? We also have a couple of others sitting a few miles from the Great White kill zone or in 50m of water. If you decide to come here look me up I can recomend an excellent instructor, and I will happily dive a few wrecks with you.

Hi,

I live in Europe and have the Padi Advanced cert (and Nitrox).
I have right now around 40 dives and would like to take a wreck dive course.
Should I wait and get more experience?

Where (in which country) is the best place for a wreck beginner, and why? (If anyone recommends a country / area, please let me know which would be the best months to go there)

As I have the possibility to go anywhere in the world as I am lucky and have quite a lot of free miles on some airlines, but the most important is that the diving is worth going there.

Regards
Hogge

Malta

If you are comfortable in the water you might as well give it a try. You will quickly find out whether task loading with a reel is too much for you.

Hi,
can you please give me the contact details for Subic Bay & Andy?

Back
Top Bottom