Weird

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bebo

Contributor
Reaction score
A couple of weekends ago, a group of friends, my wife and I went for a dive. We were setting our equipment when I saw a crack on my wife's mask. We both owned a couple of Mares X vision. The crack looked like if something really heavy, like a tank, fell on it and caught only the outer plastic rim. Glass was intact. She told me that she just pulled it out of the protective box.
To my surprise when I pulled mine out, it had the same problem. We saved our diving because the owners of the boat had some spares.
I can honestly tell you that we are extra careful with our equipment. It never leaves our site, and inmediately is washed after every dive.
The protective box is intact with no signs of being hit, and is our custom to always wear the masks in our necks if is not in the box.
So, WHAT IN THE HELL HAPPENED HERE? :eyecrazy:
Anyone?

Any chance you can post a picture of the mask?

glbirch:
Might want to check that link. Can't you just upload it directly to the board as an attachment?

Here they are!

I've seen this several times before in both Cressi and Mares masks. Design defect?

Back
Top Bottom