Low volume mask, recomendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capnsnott

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Ok, here is my problem.
I want a low volume mask, I currently use a Scuba Pro. The issue I'm having is that the material below the nose pocket is too much. There didtance from the nose pocket to the spot that seals aginst my lip is too much. It actually rubs on my lip. I could try trimming it some, but have found in the past that type of thing just makes a sharper edge. What I'm looking for is masks that use less material there. I have looked in three LDS, non of them have anything I consider a big change. Some would work better, but I'm looking for that "perfect wave" mask.
Sooooo,
What brands do you use and can you give me an estimate of distance from the nose pocket to the edge?

Thanks, I'm on my second mask now. It is better, but I must just be a freak of nature...........

Thanks
Greg

Dr. Frankenmule:
Ok, here is my problem.
I want a low volume mask, I currently use a Scuba Pro. The issue I'm having is that the material below the nose pocket is too much. There didtance from the nose pocket to the spot that seals aginst my lip is too much. It actually rubs on my lip. I could try trimming it some, but have found in the past that type of thing just makes a sharper edge. What I'm looking for is masks that use less material there. I have looked in three LDS, non of them have anything I consider a big change. Some would work better, but I'm looking for that "perfect wave" mask.
Sooooo,
What brands do you use and can you give me an estimate of distance from the nose pocket to the edge?

Thanks, I'm on my second mask now. It is better, but I must just be a freak of nature...........

Thanks
Greg
Hi Greg,
I have the Scubapro crystal uv single window mask (1st mask) thats a vey good low vol. mask and the Cressi Big Eye's this too is very nice as you can see your gear when you look down the only thing is that it does leak a little more then my other mask's (yes I did try it for proper fit and it still leaks)i but my all time favorite is my Poseidon Technica I have a small face and this has got to be the best mask I have ever used. It's the lowest volume mask I have ever seen and seals with no effort at all. The skirt below the nose is about 1/4 in or so I can take some pics if you want. Ed

Ed,
at 1/4" I think that is almost 3/4" less than mine.
I will see if I can find them both. I have to do something. I did 11 dives and by the end my lip was really sore and raw.
Thanks
Greg

Hi:

Try the Tusa Splendive II and the Tusa Plantina masks. They are both low volume and may be what you need in the nose area. I tried on another Tusa model the other day that sealed really well but was too small for my nose. I can't remember the model name but it was a Tusa. That may be the one you need. Try on several of the Tusa models, I bet you will find one that works for you.

Unless I was ready to trash-can my mask I would not try to cut the silicone seal to make it fit better because you are problably just going to totally destroy the seal.

I Love my aqualung tyke. Very low volume but great vision!

For low volume Aqualung/technisub makes several....including the tyke as mentioned. I have the "falco", it's super low volume and a small skirt area.

I found another LDS close to my work, they carry a very wide variety. Lunch time road trip.....
Thanks,

You can also try the Cressi Matrix. I just picked one up and it seems to fit better then my Cressi Big Eye's. Ed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom