Friday Down Under

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like a cow's udder gone wrong!!!

Some kind of sea cucumber?

Looks like the front end of a Sea Cucumber and a great shot.

BTW, your photos are looking much better as respects contrast, focus and sharpness

I vote for the sea cucumber too, very cool. If you crop more do you see more detail?

Whatever it is, looks like it has Elephantidis. :D

Not familiar enough with critter on your side of the pond to venture a guess.

Yup, it's a sea cucumber...the "head" part.

I hadn't seen one with this colouring nor this pattern before. He was huge...about 2' long. Deep, too...29m. All by himself, tooling along nice and slow.

Thanks for letting me know, Gilligan...I am totally paranoid about what I post now as it all looked good on my screen before!! I really appreciate you taking the time to reassure me (or to let me know that something is wrong!)

lisa...I can zoom in and get more detail, but nothing really exciting pops out. For me, I need this much of the animal in the shot to get that surreal feeling but still know what it is! I probably should have a play with different crops/zooms...

Back
Top Bottom