July Cod Hole and Coral Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very nice underwater shot. I like the colours

Hardly waiting to try my new equipment...

Great photos I especially liked the nautilus - your title suggested it was falling or did I misread that? I have a couple of days diving on the GBR later this month and can't wait - were you just using internal strobe for most stuff or was it worth taking the Inon?

Alison

Very nice...I love the Nautilus!

Thanks all, my wife and I took turns on the camera learning all the buttons :read: First couple of dives were'nt that great then I went to manual mode and set the strobe by hand and things got alot better.

alcina: Thanks for the correction, fixed it. Left my GBR fish identification card on the boat so had to guess at a few. If you saw any others please let me know... still learning and this was the first real photo trip below water.

alijtaylor: Yup falling... was a hard, and lucky shot to take. The Nautilus was dropped by the crew of our boat over an area a few hundred feet deep. As usual a crowd formed with the pack trying to take pictures and bumping into each other. I typically dive deep so just stayed under the mass of bodies till out of their range and then dropped while lying on my side, taking several shots and remembering the PT015 housing is only rated to 130 feet. The speed of its falling and depth made it interesting and probably pure luck and a depth gage on your wrist sure helps.

Definitely bring the Inon, all photo's used it. We only had one day good sunshine while on the GBR, rest was overcast. Some could have to do with the fact it is their winter in July hence the sun is lower in the sky?

Dee: Thanks, and also thanks for your other posts on the board. Led me to finally buy the C5050 and Inon setup as I researched the best setup. My wife also love's her Dee-Rag. We befriended Walter two years ago in Bonaire and Keys and he loaned her his while there so she just had to get her own :fro:

Looking forward to the next trip as I now have the macro and wide angle lense's to test with. Photo's on the link were with the stock C5050 camera lens.

Kev

bridgenet:
alcina: Thanks for the correction, fixed it. Left my GBR fish identification card on the boat so had to guess at a few. If you saw any others please let me know... still learning and this was the first real photo trip below water.

You might have the right common name for Queensland - some of our fish are exactly the same, but we call them something totally different! Over the next day or so I will have a look and help you out if you want me to :)

alcina:
You might have the right common name for Queensland - some of our fish are exactly the same, but we call them something totally different! Over the next day or so I will have a look and help you out if you want me to :)

Thanks, that would be great! More I use the wrong names the harder it will be to forget and remember the right ones :).

Back
Top Bottom