Cozumel test shot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
OK...I know this isn't a great shot...I just want to make sure that what I am seeing is reasonably close to what you are all seeing. Still nervous that my monitor is wonky...

Let me know how the exposure etc looks to you when you get a minute - thanks!

BTW - words are almost done on the (very) long trip report and I have just started looking through images!

alcina:
OK...I know this isn't a great shot...I just want to make sure that what I am seeing is reasonably close to what you are all seeing. Still nervous that my monitor is wonky...

Let me know how the exposure etc looks to you when you get a minute - thanks!

BTW - words are almost done on the (very) long trip report and I have just started looking through images!

I see brownish reds, maybe a little too much blue. The sand has a slight bluish cast to it. And it could be slightly too dark.

I popped it into PS and did a quick Auto Levels adjust and the reds just jumped out on the branches and the sand is now whiter. Changed image attached.

Viewed on an NEC monitor which tends to look a little cold at times.

Steve

P.S. Maybe it's still a little too blue.

Whoa! Thanks...that's way more info than I thought I'd get. Image is out of camera, shot in RAW.

Haven't looked at colour & saturation etc yet...just trying to make sure that it wasn't washed out or too dark on other ppls monitors - mine plays up now and again...

I will check for the sand in my other shots...I remember the sand looking blue in Coz on most dives - maybe because of the viz and sunlight...will see.

IMHO, the reds are too red and the blue is too dark. I prefer less intense images, ones that look more like what I see underwater.

Definitely not "washed out." The sand in Cozumel has a blue cast underwater.

Eagerly awaiting your report and pictures!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom