One Cozumel pic.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I returned from Cozumel this past Friday and I got some really great pics. They were taken with the Oly C5050 in the SHQ mode. Here's my problem.....I'm having problems trying to post the pics here without losing the clarity. If I downsize the pic to 500 x ? pixels....they just don't do them justice. What do I need to do to correct this? Here's one pic that I got the come out with fairly good clarity but I'm still not happy with the size Scubaboard is allowing....200mb? This was my first time using the camera underwater and alot of my pics came out excellent....without strobes....surprised the heck out of me.

That's one reason I don't upload photos from my hard drive.

I would suggest you either use Scubaboards Photo Gallery or host your photos on the web and imbed them directly from there.

Here's what I do now to upload (usually)

Make any modifications etc and save as. Then change the mode to sRGB and resharped as necessary, THEN save for web. There's something about changing the mode that makes the images better for the net. I don't understand it all.

Some of my images are screwy coz I messed up the settings and haven't had time to go back and change them.

I use 640 as my horizontal longest side and 540 for vertical longest as these seem to fit on many monitors without having to scroll. In Save for Web I usually use medium quality - this let's people see a pretty good image and reduces the risk of people using them for purposes that I wouldn't want them to.

mardigrastexan:
I returned from Cozumel this past Friday and I got some really great pics. They were taken with the Oly C5050 in the SHQ mode. Here's my problem.....I'm having problems trying to post the pics here without losing the clarity. If I downsize the pic to 500 x ? pixels....they just don't do them justice. What do I need to do to correct this? Here's one pic that I got the come out with fairly good clarity but I'm still not happy with the size Scubaboard is allowing....200mb? This was my first time using the camera underwater and alot of my pics came out excellent....without strobes....surprised the heck out of me.

???What are you using to resize your images? I use photoshop to resize to 640 on the longest size and jpg compression to ~100 KB. That should give you a very nice image on a computer screen. Click on one of the links below to see my Coz pics,; they are all resized.

Nice file fish :D The 5050 does take good pics

I resize my pics to 600x800 or 800x600 (vertical/horizontal pics). I use PS elements, what do you use?

Yah, same as above. Save the orginal, make a copy in .psd or tiff if you want, adjust as needed, save copy as .jpg - resize to w=600pix on most wide shots (w=400pix on the Tall shots) and then SOMETIMES... Sharpen... saving from .psd/.tif to .jpg causes blurring.. and re-sharpen can SOMTIMES fix it... other times not...
Hope that helps...

ps. also might be the graphics card on the computer ... check it out on another montire/computer system too... ya never know...

I guess I need PhotoShop as I don't see where I can change the MB setting on Camedia software. Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom