Any split fins to recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Calvinator

Reaction score
I have a pair of Apollo Bio Fins which I used it only on one dive trip. It made the "top arch" of my foot ache throughout the divetrip. Suppose the foot pocket design did not really suit the shape of my foot. I now have them on exhibit in a LDS for sale as a pair of used fins. Anyway, to cut the story short, I still feel that I wanna get another pair of SPLIT FINS! Any to recommend?

P.S. Have Atomic Split Fins in mind cause, one of the LDS here has a very special price for me.

I have a pair of old fins lying around. They're the regular (aka non-split) variety, but I'd be willing to take I knife to them and drop 'em in the mail if you're interested.

Calvinator:
I have a pair of Apollo Bio Fins which I used it only on one dive trip. It made the "top arch" of my foot ache throughout the divetrip. Suppose the foot pocket design did not really suit the shape of my foot. I now have them on exhibit in a LDS for sale as a pair of used fins. Anyway, to cut the story short, I still feel that I wanna get another pair of SPLIT FINS! Any to recommend?

P.S. Have Atomic Split Fins in mind cause, one of the LDS here has a very special price for me.

I used the Aquatics in the pool, and liked them. But then again, I liked (and use) the Biofins better and they both were comfortable.

Atomics rate out in the top two or three fins in EVERY test I've seen.

If you have hard to fit feet, you should just base the decision on fit. The top split fins in wnatever order are:

Apollo Bio
Atomic Aquatics
TUSA XPERT Zoom
Scubapro Twin Jet

I purchased a pair of FF Fins (Aeris Velociy) for warm water diving, and they feel great on the feet, and were CHEAP. They also rate out above most Open heel fins for most things. You could even buy them big, and use soft sole booties if you do much rocky shore diving.

Ron

My wife has a small foot and in scuba that makes it a hard to fit foot. She tried on the Atomics, but in no small part due to my despise of splits, she went with the original volos (we both dive Jets now and she loves them), as they had the most comfortable foot pocket she ever tried. She even bought me a pair of them (which now adorn my scuba closet) and I must agree they have a very comfortable foot pocket. If what you're after is a comfortable, light effort fin, you might just consider the Volo Power (the newer volo).

I like my black Twin-Jets . . .

Calvinator:

try loosening the heel straps or bigger pair I have used the apollo for a while found them great but went back to my force fins, to each there own I say

I got a pair of old style USD Blades on ebay (maybe they were from Cornfed) and split them. They are quite a bit stiffer than most split fins and seem to do an OK job with many kicking techniques. I guess I'm going to have to buy a pair of jetfins to discover just how bad they are!

I've tried the Atomic split fins. Very impressed I was too.

They were the first splits I've tried though. I've now got a set of Apollo Bio fins. The XT version and these too are excellent.

Review here:
http://www.zerovisibility.co.uk/AtomicFins.htm

That is interesting...I just posted a thread on the Masks, fins...etc board about those same fins hurting my feet. Go look and read what the people wrote me. I am going to have to keep them though because I can't afford other ones. I was also told that I may be kicking too hard, and that I should just relax my feet, especially when I start the dive trip and I haven't dove in a while. Maybe its just muscles that haven't been worked in a while?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom