swapping computers in boot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simbrooks

Snr LayZboy Meteorologist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am posing this question for another diver (I have a suunto vyper wrist mounted and like it):

Original computer was an Aeris 1 (whatever the air comp is called). Would like a new nitrox comp with same kind of liberality - looking at Genesis React Pro due to its screen layout, but dont like the boot design as its 3 in a line, dont want to wrist mount either. The option i thought might work was getting an Oceanic Veo (100/200 - same size) boot and putting the React Pro, compass and SPG in this new boot. The diver likes the back and front/back option better than the 3 in a line or any wrist mounted guages. I know these computers are all built by Pelagic, but i was wondering if they were exactly the same size (React Pro and Veo) or just slightly different and whether i could put the Genesis comp in the Oceanic boot. I havent measured these computers, they do look similar in size though. Anyone have experience switching between different Pelagic computers and using the same boot?

BTW, i also realise that the React Pro is smaller than the Aeris 1 - so i cant use that old boot either.

Did you ever get a reply for this thread? I am curious to the answer. I have been told that these are interchangeable. I am planning to buy a Veo 200. I also plan to get it in the two gauge console and "pop" the veo 200 out "pop" it into a wriststrap and insert a depth gauge into the now empty console hole. Which gives me a SPG and boot for about $30.00 more than the veo 200 on wriststrap unless my "old" math (pencil) is faulty. This will complete my second rig so that I will have a shore dive/beach/drag in the sand rig and a nice boat dive rig for greater depth. (aka Sherwood Vs AQ Legend)

Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom