Soft webbing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DCDivenut

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok.. this is kinda a stupid question but here goes...
I am looking for a soft harness webbing like Halcyon makes with their newer version MCs.
Why don't I just buy the Halcyon webbing? I don't like the logos! I like Halcyon, own quite a bit of their stuff (with logos removed like all my other gear) but just don't like looking like a walking endorsement for anyone (plus it helps minimize those great dive gear brand discussions on boats)

Any suggestions? (other than professional help for my various neuroses?)

DCDivenut:
Ok.. this is kinda a stupid question but here goes...
I am looking for a soft harness webbing like Halcyon makes with their newer version MCs.
Why don't I just buy the Halcyon webbing? I don't like the logos! I like Halcyon, own quite a bit of their stuff (with logos removed like all my other gear) but just don't like looking like a walking endorsement for anyone (plus it helps minimize those great dive gear brand discussions on boats)

Thats kinda funny...I just spent $40 for new stiff webbing to get rid of the soft H' filled webbing. I used that stuff (H webbing) for crotch straps.

DCDivenut:
Why don't I just buy the Halcyon webbing? I don't like the logos!...
I understand that your LDS can order it with or without the stupid logos.

I'm not clear which Halcyon webbing you are talking about. The really soft webbing is used for the crotch strap, and that has no markings on it whatsoever.

If you are talking about the rest of the harness, PatH is right about being able to order it.

But is that webbing so much softer than other varieties?

Why don't you just take the webbing with the "H" on it, and turn it around?

detroit diver:
Why don't you just take the webbing with the "H" on it, and turn it around?
It will show up on the belt...so its either the shoulder straps or the belt.

DCDivenut:
Any suggestions?
Hoser, call VA Scuba at (703) 369-0098. They can order whatever you want if it isn't already in stock. They've got some non-logo webbing in stock last I was there...

P.S. Stiffer webbing on the shoulder straps makes getting out of the rig easier after the dive. Only use the soft stuff for the crotch strap.

FWIW. YMMV.

OT, but since people are talking about it.. Does anyone have any idea on where to get the *really* soft webbing? My Pioneer [pre blue H webbing] came with really soft crotch strap webbing. It's not at all like the blue H webbing.. it's somewhere in between jersey cotton and lightweight denim in terms of stiffness. It's way less stiff than even seat belt webbing.

Doc Intrepid:
Hoser, call VA Scuba at (703) 369-0098. They can order whatever you want if it isn't already in stock. They've got some non-logo webbing in stock last I was there...

P.S. Stiffer webbing on the shoulder straps makes getting out of the rig easier after the dive. Only use the soft stuff for the crotch strap.

FWIW. YMMV.
I also found my D-Ring /tri glide's moved around on me a bit. (They would get crooked) with the softer webbing.

jonnythan:
OT, but since people are talking about it.. Does anyone have any idea on where to get the *really* soft webbing? My Pioneer [pre blue H webbing] came with really soft crotch strap webbing. It's not at all like the blue H webbing.. it's somewhere in between jersey cotton and lightweight denim in terms of stiffness. It's way less stiff than even seat belt webbing.
Jonnythan,
I also liked the really soft crotch strap webbing. It's still available far as I know - it comes with the harness kits from Halcyon, and (for some ridiculous price, like $34.++) you can order only the crotch strap assembly itself from Halcyon, same material. (Reason I know this? A young lady I was assisting with her rig ordered an OMS bp/wing. Hated her crotch strap. Decided she wanted mine. I had to order a replacement. Go figure.)
FWIW.
Doc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom