New no rinse defogger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbroom

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was diving in St. Thomas and the dive operator had a squirt bottle of defogger that you leave on your mask.

Does anyone know the name of it so I can get some?

Michael

I don't know of any commercial products, but have been on several boats where the dive op had a bucket of highly diluted baby shampoo. You just dipped your mask and didn't do any rinse. Maybe the guy in St. Thomas had the same, but in a squirt bottle.

mbroom:
I was diving in St. Thomas and the dive operator had a squirt bottle of defogger that you leave on your mask.

Does anyone know the name of it so I can get some?

Michael

I have a chance to make it out to St. Thomas in the next 3 months and wanted to get some feedback on diving out there. How your dive trip go? Who did you dive with?
Maybe I can find out what the defogger is that there using.

mdsd:
Echo above.

:06: No more tears in a squirt bottle. I ran into that twice in the carib.

Here's the only way to fly- bring along a bottle of baby shampoo, squirt a drop on each side of the mask (as in one spot for each eye area on the INSIDE of the mask.. the outside is obviously inconsequential ). THen rub it all around the inside glass. when you're ready to jump in, just give it a light swish with water, make sure there aren't any big lines fo baby shampoo in it, and you're good to go. No tears, no problems. Plus if you have to flood and clear, you'll still have some residue left and it'll stay fog free.

Once I you go baby shampoo, you'll never go back.

KangarooSeatbelt:
Here's the only way to fly- bring along a bottle of baby shampoo, squirt a drop on each side of the mask (as in one spot for each eye area on the INSIDE of the mask.. the outside is obviously inconsequential ). THen rub it all around the inside glass. when you're ready to jump in, just give it a light swish with water, make sure there aren't any big lines fo baby shampoo in it, and you're good to go. No tears, no problems. Plus if you have to flood and clear, you'll still have some residue left and it'll stay fog free.

Once I you go baby shampoo, you'll never go back.

Toothpaste works just as well. One treatment can work all day as long as you make sure that you keep the lenses from getting dry in between dives.

ScubaDadMiami:
Toothpaste works just as well. One treatment can work all day as long as you make sure that you keep the lenses from getting dry in between dives.

Toothpaste works pretty good.. but like you said it's gotta stay wet.
One good thing for toothpaste... When you first buy a mask, there's a film on the glass from the factory treatments etc. That's why new masks fog so much more and so much more quickly than old masks. When you get your new mask, take some toothpaste, preferably the old baby blue kind.. like classic crest, and use it and your finger to really scour the inside glass. It's such a mild abrasive, (USE YOUR FINGER ONLY) it won't do anything but remove that chemical coating.
Fog free days ahead!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom