Making changes - watch, computer, etc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mdsd

Contributor
Reaction score
Checking out new watches. I may want to go with a wrist mount computer which includes the watch function. May get rid of my air integrated computer with the right solution. Any ideas?

mdsd:
Checking out new watches. I may want to go with a wrist mount computer which includes the watch function. May get rid of my air integrated computer with the right solution. Any ideas?
All I know is the Suunto line, so I'll comment on that. The Stinger is the smallest in the line (1.81" dia., 0.59" thick), and has good watch capabilities (stopwatch, Dual Time, 12/24h, calendar, alarm). If you want to keep the air integration, check out the Vytec. It's quite a bit more money (with the wireless transmitter), but it's larger (2.4" dia, 1.1" thick) and doesn't have the stop watch or dual time.

For even more money, the new D9 seems to be pretty nice. It's smaller than the Vytec (1.97" dia, 0.67" thick), and has all the watch features of the Stinger, but it adds wireless air integration and a new built-in compass. Like the Stinger, however, it does not have a user-replaceable battery, and does not give you a dive simulator.

The Vytec and D9 have another cool feature - you can switch gasses during your dive for up to 3 gasses containing 21-99% O2, which none of the other Suunto models can do.

Jerry

Back
Top Bottom