St. John

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

irishstout

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife & I along with a couple friends are going to be staying on St. John the last week of May and were looking for any information on the local dive operators. Two of us will be getting our AOW cert and would appreciate any recommendations on who to use for our dives.

We have looked into Low Key, Cruz Bay, and Paradise Watersports through their websites and e-mail but would like any comments from people that have used them. Good & Bad

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Sean

Hi Sean,

My wife and I spent a week at Caneel Bay last year, week prior was in St. Lucia getting our OW so Caneel Bay was for fun and finishing Wreck Specialty. We dove with Paradise and Low Key. Suggest you stay away from Paradise, just didn't feel safe with them and equipment wasn't the best either. They were local at Caneel Bay so was very convenient but not the most professional operation. At the time they were short on staff and trying to hire a dive master so could have been part of it.

We ended up doing most of our diving with Low Key :thumb:. They were great! Definitely dive the Rhone, awesome trip, just watch out for currents ;-)...

Have fun!!!

:)

Either Low Key or Cruz Bay will be good operations for you. If you are staying in town (Cruz Bay) then Low Key will be the most convenient since they are located in the dock area. If you are staying at the Westin, then Cruz Bay will be the most convenient with an operation right at the resort.

I did my AOW with Cruz Bay in 1996 and did my DM with Low Key in 1999. If forced to choose, I would probably choose Low Key as the "best". However, the instructor is always everything!

Irish Stout,
My wife and I are going to St. John in mid-June. Please post a trip report to this site when you return. We are staying at the Westin, and plan to use Cruz Bay, but might consider Key based on the replies you got.

By the way, noticed that you're in Cave Creek. We're in Chandler!
Have a great trip and I'll look for your trip report before we go.
Scuba Legs

Back
Top Bottom