OMS Fins vrs Jet Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pgdive

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anybody have any first hand experience with the OMS Slipstream fins that look similar to the Scubapro jet fins. What are the differences between the two. I have used the Jet but I have never seen the OMS.

Paul

pgdive:
Does anybody have any first hand experience with the OMS Slipstream fins that look similar to the Scubapro jet fins. What are the differences between the two. I have used the Jet but I have never seen the OMS.

Paul

Having looked at the two, the new OMS fin is the exact same size/shape/contour as my 30 year-old jet fins. others (IDI/XS scuba fins, US divers rockets, turtles) have noticeable differences. With the jets/OMS fins there are only 2 differences I can find:

- the embossed logo
- the material used in molding. The OMS fin is made from a substantially lighter material. I don't know the difference that this would make in buoyancy, but I find the heavier scubapro model to be perfect.

Tim

I'm asking as a store owner, who is not a SP dealer. I know there is a loyal Jet fin following out threre and I was wondering if the OMS fins are an accepatable replacement (If the price is right) for people looking for Jets.

It looked like OMS made the fins out of two different materials at one time. I don't know if this is still case. Anyway I will proabaly jsut order a few pairs in now that I know they are similar

Thanks

Paul

pgdive:
I'm asking as a store owner, who is not a SP dealer. I know there is a loyal Jet fin following out threre and I was wondering if the OMS fins are an accepatable replacement (If the price is right) for people looking for Jets.

It looked like OMS made the fins out of two different materials at one time. I don't know if this is still case. Anyway I will proabaly jsut order a few pairs in now that I know they are similar

Thanks

Paul

They appear to be made frome a single material, not a co-injected polymer. I would prefer Jets based on weight. As i mention, the jets provide (for me) the right amount of negative buoyancy and I _think_ these would be more positively buoyant.

Also, I have not seen or used these in water, so i have no idea what the rigidity/kick characteristics are like.

Back
Top Bottom