light, full-foot, travel fins???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

munkispank

Contributor
Reaction score
After sifting through all the posts on fins, I think I still have to ask my question specifically:

I'm heading out to Asia in summer for a backpacking/dive trip. I am looking for advice on a pair of light weight full foot fins. I want full-foot as this will cut down on carring gear, and if i take booties, that's one more thing to dry off before moving on. I'm after some which are short enough to fit in a back-pack. I'm after advice as I'm heading down to Fl and will head to my old LDS there to buy, but would like comments first.

I have my usual pair of open heel fins which I love, but they are too large for the trip. I have a pair of shorter open-heels, but they don't have any power (bad design). Anyone have any full-foot fins which are good?

Any advice?

Full foot split fin: Oceanic Vortex V6

Full foot paddle fin: Aqualung (Technisub) Stratos FP

I'll second the V6s. Light and short.

I've got a pair of full foot Blades, now sold as Stratos FP. Love them, use for both snorkel and scuba in warm water.

sweet- thanks guys- I had researched some of the rec's on scubadiving, but wanted opinions from some experts :wink:

you guys are great!

I bought the Avanti Tre after reading that article. It is a good alternative if you don't want to bring too much stuff (I also have a pair of Quattros). Have used it on a live-aboard and it worked fine for me.

The Oceanic V6's splits are really stiff, like two boards, and seem to be more nimble than my Mares Quatros.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom