JetFins sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hauki

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

I know that this question has already asked for milllion times. Sorry for that :banghead: My size is 12.5 US/47eur (Nike and Adidas) and I use 9mm neoprene socks. I mean real socks without hardsoles. Should I buy XL or XXL jet? Thanks for your help...

Sounds like you'll be right on the edge of Xl Jets. Personally I would not want to dive jets without a hard sole, but that's my opinion. I wear 13's and in 3mil hard sole boots they were just slightly too narrow, and the XXl were too big. So I switched to 7mil lug soled boots and the XXL's fit nicely then.

Check out http://www.kidspot.org/personal/scubaboard/fincomparisonl.html for all the sizing information I've collected so far. And when you find what works for you, please let me know so I can add it to the chart.

Aloha, Tim

I just replaced mine (stolen) I wear 6MM hard sole sz. 10, bought XL and they fit well. I dont think I would want them any smaller sounds like you might be in the XXL range to me ?

Just remember there is a BIG difference in size between XL & XXL (really they skip XXL and go straight to XXXL IMO) So socks will be too small for the XXL. I actually wore tennis shoes in my XXL Jets for awhile and they fit perfectly. But the best fit I've found so far are the hightide 7mil boots with lug sole (Ranger model - XXL ranger=size 12) The fins are "comfortably" loose. You might consider getting some plain canvas tennis shoes you can wear your 9mil socks inside of and wear them in the XXL Jets. (Maybe a size 14 shoe?)

Just some additional thoughts to muddy the water with

Aloha, Tim

Back
Top Bottom