Scuba Scars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Orans

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Since I took up diving I've been collecting scars. :11:

Wearing my dive boots for a prolonged period of time on Bonaire. Two scars, one on the inside of each foot.

After a long dive in very cold water (4C) some skin on the knuckles of my right hand decided to go AWOL. Two scars on my right hand.

This morning, losing my balance my putting on my mask. The underwater rocks in the Oosterschelde (Flauwers/Heerenkeet) weren't that forgiving. Six cuts on my right hand including one the hospital won't touch because more than six hours have passed.

Does anybody else have some interesting stories to share too... :06: :D

Laurens

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

In the keys a few weeks ago I managed to get a serious attack by a - are you ready - a 6 foot picknick table. Moments before getting on the boat a lost my balance moving between a pole and a old picknick table that had a rather jagged edge. Ripped the crap out of my leg. Still had blood running down over my leg when I put on my wetsuit.

This made a couple of people on the boat nervous but the bleeding had almost stopped and the boat owners didnt seem to be concerned.

Dive went fine- no problems. It only really started hurting later in the week when it was clear that I was on the beginning stages of an infection. Neosporing is a miracle drug!

Now I have a nasty scar that I am truly tempted to lie about. "Yea, that happened in the keys while scuba diving- its a long story....."

ed

damn! No offense but I dont think I want to go diving with you, your dangerous. lol

I have a Red Badge of Courage from Sting Ray City on Grand Cayman. While on the Cayman Aggressor we were the 1st group to visit Sting Ray City one morning. The Lady I was playing with was more interested in eating breakfast than playing. She proceeded to suck a half dollar size hunk of skin off my right wrist and a 2nd one not quite as large. Needless to say she got her squid.

Becky

Mate of mine has his big toe cut off.

On the way out to a Dive Site the stage cylinders where stacked in the bow at our feet, went over biggish swell, on of the tanks lifted, the Plumbers loop (Stainless Steel loop round the bottom of the cylinder), had a sharp end that had not been cut off, anyway landed on his toe and took it pretty much off, really clean cut straight through the joint in his toe.

He was upset cause we left him on the boat and went diving, dropped him off at hospital on the way home, what a good sport !!

Word of caution Always cut down that nasty sharp bit of loop, so often I see them on cylinders, this story seems to have them cut down in no time.

Cheers
Chris

Back
Top Bottom