No more renting a bc...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

offroaddiver

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I finally ordered my first piece of dive gear other than what I've needed for skin diving. I just ordered a DeepSeaSupply bcd. First bc that will be mine...definitly tired of finding bc's that fit correctly out of the stacks of rental gear. Next purchase will be regs and simple gauges.

I have spent the last year picking out what gear to buy...I have a 3'' 3 ring binder full of info from various manufacturers.

hopefully this is the correct spot to post this if not site support feel free to relocate this to the correct location.

Congratulations! Having your own BC is certainly important. I had a hard time finding rentals that fit well, too.

The next I'd recommend is your own regulator set up. It is your life support system after all. I found I didn't want to rely on someone else for maintaining something so important.

Have fun shopping!

Be sure to tell us all how you like it once you get it and try it out.

Congrats, and I agree with amazon, Reg should be next. I got reg before bc, reg is still great, bc gave up ghost a couple of years ago, probably po'd at me from lack of use. I will be getting my second BC next month, already talked a deal out with LDS and am just waiting till get rest of $$$ saved. Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you.

BTW first BC purchased in '80, so it had a good run.

Having all your own gear makes you a better diver and makes the dive so much easier and definitely safer.....

That's a techical BC and totally inappropriate as your first! It has straps and those D things that you will get tangled up in! :D

Seriously that seems like a very nice rig. A buddy has one and he is very pleased with it. Your BC is probably the one item most linked to developing your critical skills so I think you made a good choice of what to get first. It also sounds like you did your homework. Now you know why I say that becoming gear savvy can be more work than getting certified.

Pete

spectrum:
That's a techical BC and totally inappropriate as your first! It has straps and those D things that you will get tangled up in! :D

Pete
Do I know you? I actually heard something very similar when looking at BP/W setup in a dive shop in Georgia.

And my next purchas is a reg set but I can borrow gf's father's regs for now. If anything goes wrong his little girl will avenge me.

I will report after a couple of dives how it performed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom