Sunken Treasure (FUN FOR THE KIDS)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

altitudemike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife recently told me I need to cut back on my dive time & spend more time on the beach with the kids. I found a great way around it so we both have fun. I have a dive buddie with children aged the same as mine, 2, 4, & 7. We decided to take the kids to the matinee of pirates of the carribien & go to the lake afterwards. Before we left we went to a 2nd hand store & found an old trunk. I filled it with eye patches & pitate swords, marbles, my whole change jar, beads & tiara's, anything resembling a treasure. We took it to the dive park & sunk it in an old steel hulled boat. After the movie I took everyone on my boat out to the dive park in landlocked Sylvan Lake, Alberta. I video taped the dive of us finding the treasure. When we surfaced with the box the kids lost thier minds. It was hillarious. Eye patches & arrrrrrrr matey for the next week. It was also a hit at show & tell for my 4 & 7 yr old. The most fun I have had diving to date. Now my kids are always telling me to go dive & search for more treasure.

My 7 yr old daughter busted us when she came up to me & said Dad sone of the pennies & quarters say 2005 on them. But dont worry I won't ruin it for the little kids! LOL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom