Cost of your course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaTec

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I wasn't sure which thread this was best to post it in but it is here now and lets see what happens

In another thread I read that a diver wasted $150.00 on his OWD course, I was mostamazed by the price he paid, and it got me to thinking what the going rate is around the country and the world.

I teach the PADI OWD course for $350.00 which includes everything, mask, snorkle, fins, books, pic card, no additional cost.
This does not garauntee certification, however i will let you join in on any other course [room available] until you pass up to one year from the time of your original course date

I also teach about a hundred other course including instructor, Trimix, a host of specialties but i thought i would keep it simple for now as far as price of a basic course.

so tell me what you charge or what you paid

PADI BOW course here in S.E. Texas costs around $125. Student must provide their own mask,fins, snorkel, booties and weight belt. The book costs extra (about $35) and they must provide their own passport photos at the end of the class.

Normal class runs two nights a week for 4 weeks. One classroom and one pool session each week, then the last weekend is the 4 open water checkout dives. Pool cost is also covered, lake fees are not.

$130 for 6 6-hour classes, including pool time, air, books, and gear rental. Student must buy his/her own mask, fins, and snorkel.

We charge US$425 for everything for a PADI OW course. Book, equipment rental and everything else needed to complete the course and process the certification.

$179 plus $35 for the PADI OW book. That included all equipment and boat charter cost for two days for the OW dives.

You provided your own fins, mask and snorkel.

Marc

I only teach private courses now, got fed up teaching for shops and having to follow there cattle rules so

PADI OWD
$500 PP
Includes everything.

PADI Adventure/Advanced
$250 PP you supply all your equipment

In Water PADI Specialties
$200PP You supply all your equipment

2 persons Max on any course.
No time limit to completeing them
No limit on dives.

Sydney_Diver once bubbled...
I only teach private courses now, got fed up teaching for shops and having to follow there cattle rules so

PADI OWD
$500 PP
Includes everything.

PADI Adventure/Advanced
$250 PP you supply all your equipment

In Water PADI Specialties
$200PP You supply all your equipment

2 persons Max on any course.
No time limit to completeing them
No limit on dives.

Are you quoting Australian dollars? US$1=AU$0.54.

That would make your courses reasonable given the 2 student max and no time limits.

Marc

FLL Diver once bubbled...

Are you quoting Australian dollars? US$1=AU$0.54.

That would make your courses reasonable given the 2 student max and no time limits.

Marc

Yep Austrlaian dollars. Cheap for you guys, and at the high end for Australian cutomers.

Our courses are way over and above the standards set out by the agencies, got sick of having to chrun out novice divers in time limits set by shops, that in my opinion are way to short.

My Open Water cost $300 Cad, this included 6 confined water sessions and four open water boat dives. Book was not included, but RDP's were given out at the end of the course.

Advanced OW was $225 Cad and included the book, air and 5 boat dives.

Rescue cost $275 Cad and included book, two classroom sessions, one shore dive for surface work, 2 boat dives and air.

Steve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom