Nitrox Cert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tekkie

Reaction score
Hey,
I was wondering. I'll will be taking my first course besides Ow and I was wondering if I will get another card besides my Ow? I'll will be taking SSI Nitrox if that helps.
Thanks
Tekkie

Tekkie,
My experience with PADI has been that you'll receive a new card for each specialty that you complete. As such, I bet that SSI will issue you a new card once you complete your nitrox course.

Dive safe,

Steve

I just spoke to good friend of mine that was certified with SSI and the answer from him is indeed yes, you will get a new "C" card for evey class you complete.

Good luck on your next class.

Scott

Do you have to pay extra for the card? I know you pay the fees for the course, but then do you have to pay another for for the SSI card?

Mr. Nice Guy once bubbled...
Do you have to pay extra for the card? I know you pay the fees for the course, but then do you have to pay another for for the SSI card?

Just ask up front. In my experience, most shops and instructors include the cost of issuing the c-card in the course fee. But I suspect that the decision about structuring course fees actually rests with the shop and not with the agency. At least that is the case with PADI.

I believe that with SSI, you do not have to get individual cert cards if you are going for the AOW. If you do go for the AOW, you can elect to get your cert cards one at a time and pay the cert card fee each time, or you can wait till you complete the AOW and get the AOW card with the 4 "specialties" listed, which can save you money if you don't care to have an OW card, 4 specialty cards and an AOW card.

runvus4 once bubbled...
I believe that with SSI, you do not have to get individual cert cards if you are going for the AOW. If you do go for the AOW, you can elect to get your cert cards one at a time and pay the cert card fee each time, or you can wait till you complete the AOW and get the AOW card with the 4 "specialties" listed, which can save you money if you don't care to have an OW card, 4 specialty cards and an AOW card.

But if you are into collecting cards they will issue one for each specialty for a small fee..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom