After OW cert, what course next?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexas

Contributor
Reaction score
What course would be the most beneficial to take next for a diver who received OW cert about a year ago and has about 20 dives?

ScubaTexas:
What course would be the most beneficial to take next for a diver who received OW cert about a year ago and has about 20 dives?

Advanced Open Water & Nitrox.

I agree with the captain..... except I would do them in reverse order. Don't know if he mean't that order anyhow.

Agreed. And you can take them both at the same time.

theskull

Advanced is pretty generic. Pick some specialties that interest you and that would make sense for where you typically dive. For example, drift diving near the rivers, wreck diving near ocean wrecks, etc. You can earn the Specialty certifications while getting some useful practical tips and experience.

theskull:
Agreed. And you can take them both at the same time.

theskull

I like teaching the courses combined....Lots of reasons for that.

Good luck with your diving !!

:butnhome:

ScubaTexas:
Peak Performance Buoyancy or whatever your agency calls it.

James Goddard:
Peak Performance Boyancy or whatever your agency calls it.

What agency would that be? I can't see where he identified the training agency where he was trained for OW.

Capt Jim Wyatt:
What agency would that be? I can't see where he identified the training agency where he was trained for OW.
That was kind of the point. Since I don't know I didn't want to just assume PADI....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom