Repair kit at the dive site.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
It became evident to me today I need more stuff to keep the dives going. Besides the basics like extra straps, what do y'all carry?

Duct tape and J-B Weld come in really handy.

Always have duct tape (Im from Alaska ya know) and the JB weld is a GREAT idea. Thats the kind of stuff Im looking for!

Adjustable wrench
Pump pliers
Allen Wrench kit
Screw drivers
Needle Nose Pliers
Small Knife and Shears
Lighter
Cave line
Bungie cord
O-ring kits
O2 Grease
Silicone Grease
Duct Tape
Mask Strap
Fin Straps - not for me
BPW - bolts
Bolt snaps
DIN to Yolk converter
Rubber tubing
HP & LP port plugs
HP & LP hoses
Talc
Zipper Wax
B/U MK25 - S600 regulator
B/U SPG

This kit is standard on all dives. If I'm going somewhere away from my backyard diving then I carry b/u's of each piece of my standard set up. I would hate to go on a multiday trip - blow a neck gasket and not have a backup drysuit.

In addition to duct tape, since dive sites are 2-3 hours from home:

Zipties
O-rings
CrystoLube
2 Crescent Wrenches
Screw drivers
Aquaseal
Drysuit glue
Cave line
Trauma shears
Utility knife
Low pressure hoses
Port plugs for 1st stage
Mask
Zipper wax
Talcum powder
Weight belt/Harness buckle
Bicycle Inner tube bungies
Batteries
First Aid kit

I'm sure there's more, but I'm too lazy to go look in my box :wink:

Note to self, get a bigger bag to carry everything! Tools are in the Jeep all the time but there are some thing hadn't thought of there. Thanks!

Snowbear:
In addition to duct tape, since dive sites are 2-3 hours from home:

Zipties
O-rings
CrystoLube
2 Crescent Wrenches
Screw drivers
Aquaseal
Drysuit glue
Cave line
Trauma shears
Utility knife
Low pressure hoses
Port plugs for 1st stage
Mask
Zipper wax
Talcum powder
Weight belt/Harness buckle
Bicycle Inner tube bungies
Batteries
First Aid kit

I'm sure there's more, but I'm too lazy to go look in my box :wink:
Thanks Snowbear. Now I just had to go look at my kit to see what I forgot was in it.
Zip ties
Two Adjustable wrenches
Harness Buckle
Din Dust cap
Wire Cutters
Brite Mark - yellow marker
Inner tube
Mouth Piece
C- Batteries

If this sounds like a lot of gear. I can fit it, my basic dive gear and three tanks all in my convertable. There's no room for a passenger tho...

I keep a first aid kit in my truck and one in my boat. Someday I may get an O2 kit for the boat. Hopefully before someone needs it.

overexposed2X:
Thanks Snowbear. Now I just had to go look at my kit to see what I forgot was in it.
Zip ties
Two Adjustable wrenches
Harness Buckle
Din Dust cap
Wire Cutters
Brite Mark - yellow marker
Inner tube
Mouth Piece
C- Batteries

If this sounds like a lot of gear. I can fit it, my basic dive gear and three tanks all in my convertable. There's no room for a passenger tho...

I keep a first aid kit in my truck and one in my boat. Someday I may get an O2 kit for the boat. Hopefully before someone needs it.

Betcha you were a boyscout.......:D

Tobin

cool_hardware52:
Betcha you were a boyscout.......:D

Tobin

Nah - I just hate being uprepared. The one time I didn't bring it, I had an HP hose blow and had no way to fix it. We were a couple of hours from the nearest LDS. It was just a pool practice with my 10 year old son, but we were both really disappointed.

Between my buddy and me, we usually have about 3-1/2 complete sets of gear on the boat that'll cover any major problem.

For minor problems, the basic o-rings, adjustable wrench, zip-ties, mouthpieces, screwdrivers, extra drysuit inflator hoses (too long for a BC, but they'll work in a pinch), and a spare mask or three.

Spring straps on our fins help that area.

Back
Top Bottom