Sure is Slow here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RTBDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Wow, It sure has been Slow here on the Forums, Sure, Its been hot with little to no wind, a fair amount of rain and the South side is pondlike but I guess nothing to write home about. Where is a good old fashioned coup, hurricane, demonstartion or something else to stir everyone up when you need it? Heck, Reco has ben having daily outages and nothing is even going on with that. Hello, Is there anyone here? Is this thing on?

WAIT!!! HANG ON

A coconut just fell off the tree, Wooo Whoooo, I gotttaaa get going

Last edited:
Dat Coconut- Hitcha in da head, diddit?

Picture42-3.png

Picture20-8-1.png

Thank goodness I get to deal with Hondutel with phone issues, E consulting with internet issues, Construdeco with window issues , Reco withpower issues, and the insurance man to deal with a lightening strike on one of my places, If it were not for all this fun I might get bored during surface intervals.

Always remember, Stainless Steel is named appropriately, It Stains_LESS, but still will rust on Roatan but then again I believe PVC will also

Damn, I say it's slow. I've been reading over in the Asia section, so much that sometimes I think I'm actually going to Asia. I'm not though, I'm going to Utila and since I know where I'm going, I don't have to do any research.

I'm not seeing any industry posting here anymore and If I weren't looking over the same websites over and over, I'd be questioning whether the islands are open for business

So, how was the season in the Bay Islands ? Was 20011 the year of recovery like it was expected to be ? I was hearing that 2009, 2010 were both slow due to the economic downturn and the coup ?

Let me tell you one thing about Utila that I like. After a couple of decades of tourism I found that the locals were not jaded towards tourists like they are in Thailand. Walking to the dive shop in the morning it was a steady stream of "good mornings" and never once did I feel like I was a walking ATM machine.

Roatan is "on the list" but it seems to be all about AI resorts and I'm not an AI kinda guy, especially as a single traveller where I get hit with that single supplement. Well I would if I booked in advance did you know that if I wanted to go to Fantasy Island in January 2012, I'd be shelling out over $300/night.

Utila, $500/month for a nice apartment, $25/dive another $20 a day for food and beers, I've been hard pressed to match/beat that anywhere else in the world. Oh yea, and the Mango Inn had Guinness ( canned ) for less than I can buy it for here in Canada.

roatan is "on the list" but it seems to be all about ai resorts and i'm not an ai kinda guy, especially as a single traveller where i get hit with that single supplement. Well i would if i booked in advance did you know that if i wanted to go to fantasy island in january 2012, i'd be shelling out over $300/night.

we have had great success over the past few years using nick palandra 800 676 2826 or nick@fantasyislandvacations.com.

FantasyIslandvacationsdotcom, I hadn't seen that one before.

Interesting website but I am curious as to why they're market a singles week with the price for double occupancy displayed prominently and a little tiny +$250 for singles off to the side. Seems to me that an event issued at singles would assume that atendees would be booking and arriving as singles...Maybe roomates are issued.

A lot of times you can negotiate the single supplement to be $0 dollar, therefore you pay the double occupancy rate and get a room to yourself. This of course is at times when the resort is pretty sure they wont get booked to capacity. I have also found a lot of resorts that will find you a roomate so that you can get the double occupancy rate, I would take a educated guess that is what fantasy island is doing for its singles week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom