Accomodations on Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba127

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going to be on Grand Cayman over the 4th of July weekend taking a technical course. I'd be interested in recommendations for a budget accommodations for just myself. Thanks in advance.

You do realize that "Budget" does not go well with either Grand Cayman, or Tech Diving? :D

If you're doing tech diving, odds are you'll be diving with Dive Tech. You might check and see if they have any specials.

You might also check out Comfort Suites and Sunshine Suites located in the 7 mile area.

Yep, taking the class w/Dive Tech. They gave me a decent recommendation around $130 a night... just wondering if there might be something in the $80 - $100 range before I commit.....

Last time I was on the island, Dive Tech had some decent deals on lunch and dive. If they still do that and you combine the savings of staying onsite vs. having to arrange transportation either by rental car or taxi, not sure you're gonna find a whole lot that's a much better value.

I stayed here a few years ago rocky shore villas

Not fancy but cheap. Less than $100/night IIRC. 10 minute walk to Divetech.

Might be worth giving them a call and seeing what they have available.

What course are you doing? if it involves He it won't be budget :D

Comfort Suites is $145 in the summer - I recently checked. Sunshine Suites varied from $115? for a Studio to around $200 depending on the time of year. Nice thing is even the studios have kitchens.

I found a B&B also when I was looking - their least expensive room was $120/nt in the summer. It's in West Bay somewhere. Which would put it fairly close to Cobalt Coast. Shangri-La : Cayman's Luxury Bed & Breakfast

Most of your options are found here: http://www.caymanislands.ky/sun_sand_sea_spa/accommodations.aspx

Last edited:
You do realize that "Budget" does not go well with either Grand Cayman, or Tech Diving? :D

Ain't that the truth! But, there are ways to save money too. We ended up cooking all our meals and jammed a bunch of guys into a 1 bedroom suite. The endless walls are a great place to do your deep technical dive training. We had a great time in our class, but it definitely was not cheap.

I almost forgot about this one. Harbour View Apartments is another option that's relatively inexpensive. It's owned by an older local Caymanian family and they have large and small apartments and I'm pretty sure all of them have kitchenettes. It's a nice, clean, quiet place, but nothing really fancy. They also have cable TV and wireless internet.

It's right next to the Wharf Restaurant and directly across from KFC on West Bay road.

I think the rates run around $90. I would contact them directly and ask. Here is the website for contact info: Cayman Islands Apartments

Back
Top Bottom