Cayman Air Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KathyV

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are planning our fall vacation and thought everything was working out great until I hit a snag. We have a week reserved at TNI on GC and a week at LCBR. The only thing left was airfare but now Cayman Air says that there are no seats available flying back from LC to GC on our departure date.

I know darn well that they hold seats for locals so more seats may open close to the date. Also that they may add on flights if the hotels have space but customers can't get to/from the island.

so now what do I do? Hold off on reserving airfare and risk having accommodations but no flights, or try and change the dates of our trip and hotel stays?

we've been talking to reef Fantaseas and cayman air, would it do any good to try and talk directly to lcbr to see what they advise and if have any influence with cayman air?

i was all ready to start celebrating our next dive trip and now we are back to go because of cayman air.

last year the options for flying back from cb were very poor but we made the best reservations available, then they added on an extra flight that would work much better and we had a real hard time and extra cost to change our reservations.

I personally would change the dates rather than gamble on seats becoming available later.

I personally would change the dates rather than gamble on seats becoming available later.

yep---a bird in the hand is worth several in da bushes.........I've said it before here, make plans well ahead for your trips to LC AND Brac---those flights sometimes get a little hairy(space wise)........

We extended our stay at lcbr by a day (not a hardship!) and now we are all set, cheers! But it's not perfect we are going have to move rooms midweek but we'll manage just fine!

That was a good call----in many respects---mostly for the extra day of diving you'll get in........have a great time....

we flew on the Otter from GC to LC to CB. the ride from LC to CB was during a storm it was quite a ride with only 3 passengers on the plane.

we flew on the Otter from GC to LC to CB. the ride from LC to CB was during a storm it was quite a ride with only 3 passengers on the plane.

My husband actually prefers flying the Otter, it's a highlight of the trip for him - go figure - I just go along with it!

---------- Post added March 19th, 2015 at 05:45 PM ----------

That was a good call----in many respects---mostly for the extra day of diving you'll get in........have a great time....

Another day of diving at LCBR...always the lesser of two evils :)

yes indeed! Another advantage of leaving a day later is that we won't have to go through the GC airport on Saturday! Hopefully Sunday will be less busy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom