The first shipment of Suunto D9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I wondering if anybody gets The first shipment of Suunto D9 recently.

It has been a quite a while since we saw and heard about D9. However, I don’t get any real information when it comes out in the market.

Please share your knowledge with our board members.

Thanks,

Hoosier

Richard Halley at Divetank said they were clearing customs two weeks ago, but i haven't seen mine yet. I'm skeptical that this is just banter to pacify people who already paid

RSdiver:
Richard Halley at Divetank said they were clearing customs two weeks ago, but i haven't seen mine yet. I'm skeptical that this is just banter to pacify people who already paid

Played with one three weeks ago at my LDS. Looks a little fancier than my Stinger, but the display appears to be the same size. Numbers too small for my taste for psi. Compass was workable, but I prefer an analog compass. I use a Vytec now, numbers easily readable.

They're out -- I bought mine a couple of weeks ago. I was planning to buy either a VT Pro or an Aeris Elite, then I walked into my LDS to pick up some new fins I'd ordered and saw the D9 in their display case, calling my name. I couldn't resist. What I like most is the size -- I'm very petite, and most other wrist models are enormous on me. I also like that I can see most everything on one screen (psi, air time, no deco time, depth, dive time). I haven't had a chance to dive it yet, but I'm leaving tonight for a week in Florida, so I'll be trying it then.

I got my D9 early November in northern CA from my LDS (San Francisco). They had received half-a-dozen and this was the last one.

The D9 is about the same size and weight as the Stinger. The graphical display and improved RGBM with deepstop support are the most notable features. The USB interface is also nice. The wireless air (which is optional) and compass are nice, but not essential features to me.

Cheers, Arno.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom