Cobra or Wisdom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seehep

New
Reaction score
I have narrowed down my purchase of a computer to either the Suunto Cobra or the Sherwood Wisdom. They both seem to have similar bells and whistles, and I believe they would both provide me with what I want from a computer. I'm just looking for opinions as to which one would be the better computer.
Thanks All

I think what it comes down to between these two computers are the algorithms they use. You need to ask yourself what you would be more comfortable with. The cobra is a much more conservative computer than the wisdom. I own a wisdom and I'm very happy with it. My dive buddy USED to dive with a cobra, but got tired of its conservativism. I have been diving with my wisdom now for around 100 dives and it gives me much longer bottom times than the cobra would, and no I haven't gotten bent. Both are good computers: it's just the liberal/conservative question you need to answer.

Welcome to SB! :D

If what you're looking for is an air integrated, hose attached dive computer than I'm sure either will do the job. I'm older and have kids, so I was drawn to the more conservative algorithm of the Cobra. YMMV. You could also just dive the Wisdom conservatively, I guess.

I got a 'sortofadeal' on a Cobra Pro Pack which included the computer, attached compass, quick release, softcase, download cable and software (which is free to download), the Wisdom is cheaper unless you add in all the additional stuff I added to my Cobra and then they are probably priced similarly.

If you are going the Sherwood route, your best deal might be to talk to Larry at ScubaToys about your options.

I have a wisdom here for sale:
http://www.scubaboard.com/t84036-.html
From owning a wisdom and having dive buddies that have cobras, the advantages of the cobra are better integrated compass. Advantages of the wisdom are ease of use.
For pc download, I'm know that that the cobra has a diy cable (http://www.scubaboard.com/t53598-.html) and the wisdom download software is somewhat expensive.
If you want computer download and don't want to diy then its generally cheaper to buy it as a package with the computer.

Just had my wisdom fail at depth. It was returned for repair. I understand this has happened to others in this area. I would definitely check reliability data of any dive computer before buying. I've been using an SPG and depth gauge the last few dives - simple but I miss the data and graphs.

seehep:
I have narrowed down my purchase of a computer to either the Suunto Cobra or the Sherwood Wisdom. They both seem to have similar bells and whistles, and I believe they would both provide me with what I want from a computer. I'm just looking for opinions as to which one would be the better computer.
Thanks All

The info I have heard is that they are both good units. The Cobra has one extra button on it that will help out with programming is what I'm told. My LDS also told me he sells the Cobra 10/1 over the Wisdom.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom