pulling hair out with data plus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waygone79

Registered
Reaction score
I have been pulling my hair out trying to find a wrist boot with a oceanic data plus. my LDS is in the process of moving and i have been trying to find a wrist boot for this computer with no luck oceanics web pag is not user freindly with a little older computers and i dont want to buy a boot and find out it dosent fit. if anyone has any ideas let me know! or if they have a oceanic boot to fit it let me know thanks!

waygone79:
I have been pulling my hair out trying to find a wrist boot with a oceanic data plus. my LDS is in the process of moving and i have been trying to find a wrist boot for this computer with no luck oceanics web pag is not user freindly with a little older computers and i dont want to buy a boot and find out it dosent fit. if anyone has any ideas let me know! or if they have a oceanic boot to fit it let me know thanks!

Have you tried going to any authorized dealer and having them call Oceanic? You can search for one in your area on the site. I had an oceanic computer in a console and decided to go wrist mount. I talked to my dealer, he called and they sent one to me, like in a couple of days! The computer I have when I popped it out did not have NO WAY to put bungee cord on it (Which was my original plan), as it was just the round casiing and no holes to go through or anything. Thats just a veo180, I dont know if yours have some way to do that? But that would be another option if yours does. Later!

You might also try a scubapro dealer. The scubapro depth guage vintage 1985 or so is the same size as the data+. It used to be available in a hard rubber boot that will easily take a wrist strap or bungees and fit the data plus perfectly.

Lots of mfgrs market guages of that size so don't limit your search to just oceanic dealers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom