Hotel Cozumel and pier?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pilot fish

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone have any current news on Hotel Cozumel? I know it sustained only minor damage but was curious if it is totally back up to form? Is the pier still operational and can dive boats pull in there to pick you up?

pilot fish:
I think it's more a dock than a pier. :) Is the DOCK intact?

Dock is repaired and in operation.

Hotel Coz is up and running like normal!

Eagle-scuba:
My report last week was that all is up and running...the dive operation is Dive Paradise...and can be found on the web at www.diveparadise.com or info@diveparadise.com see ya` under

How are their fast boats? I know their regular boats are slow and lumbering.

Christi:
Dock is repaired and in operation.

Hotel Coz is up and running like normal!

Cool. Now all we need are two more divers for Feb12,13,14, 15

Just got back from there Wednesday. Everything is good. Only thing I noticed was the gazebo has not been repaired, but everything else seem back to normal. One sidenote about the pier/dock....because it is one of the few in operation, it is VERY crowded in the mornings with several groups trying to use it at once, all about 8:00. I'd suggest scheduling your morning pickups before 7:30 or after 8:30 until there are more pickup locations available.

dartref:
Just got back from there Wednesday. Everything is good. Only thing I noticed was the gazebo has not been repaired, but everything else seem back to normal. One sidenote about the pier/dock....because it is one of the few in operation, it is VERY crowded in the mornings with several groups trying to use it at once, all about 8:00. I'd suggest scheduling your morning pickups before 7:30 or after 8:30 until there are more pickup locations available.

Damn, that's a huge turn off. I've seen it crowded before the storm so I can imagine how it is now. What would you estimate the crowd at? I saw it with about 75 - 85 divers.

dartref:

Others are not using the pier...

The only people using the pier are Dive Paradise as always and operations picking up divers staying there, just as before. No outside guests are using the pier unless diving with Dive Paradise. It's always been a busy pier.

I was there Saturday-Wednesday and I'm telling you the pier was used by others. I didn't go through Dive Paradise, but I was staying at Hotel Cozumel and we were picked up every morning at that pier. The last day, at one point, there was one boat on each side of the pier and six boats waiting to get there.

As for the total number of divers, I would say there were maybe 50-60 at the peak so maybe its not any worse than what you've experienced before.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom