Cozumel 3/15 - 3/19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bl|nk

Registered
Reaction score
Just got back from Cozumel yesturday and still recovering from the fun. My friend and I dove for only 2 days out of our vacation. We ended up diving with ScubaDu as they picked up at the hotel south of the Melia (where we stayed) Scuba Du was on time and seemed to do a good job all and all. Fresh fruit and water was offered. We dove Planacar Brick (deep), Yucab Reef (shallow), Planacar Cave (deep), and Paso del Cedral (shallow). We saw all the major sealife to be expected. Dolphins, spotted Eagle rays, nurse sharks, turtles, lobsters, and fishies. I only brought my camera with me for 2 out of 4 dives. I should have taken it on all 4 as they were amazing dives. The Planacar Cave and Paso del Cedral were probably my 2 fav. The divemaster (Giovani) set a max depth of 80ft for our deep and 50-60 for our shallow. He took us through alot of swim throughs which were amazing. Of course some of them brought us to a max of 92 ft for our deep and our shallow dive I saw a max of 72 one day. Depending on air consumption if you were a deep breather they'd send you up with your dive buddy so this didn't affect those that didn't use the oxygen as fast. The dive boat was always there to pick you up within moments of surfacing.

Staying at the Melia was wonderful. It was a great resort and very friendly staff and people. We had a great time. Danny and I did end up helping 3 divers that had dropped there tanks and weights diving north of the Melia.. We grabbed a sea kayak and a couple of life jackets nad took off while others tried to find keys for the jet ski's. Didn't get a story for the divers but we heard they were from a cruise ship and were doing a shore dive but something obviously went wrong. In the end they just ended up being exhausted.

Some of the pictures are in my album.

-Eric.

That sounds like some story about the shore divers. I would have to wonder why someone would dump their tanks (which would include their BCD and air source...)...unless the tank straps had been loose and the tanks/reg had fallen away? Weird.

We didn't get the whole story because we were on the sea kayak and were the first out there. We dug hard and got out as fast as possible. They Jet ski's came later and took them all in. I remember just seeing a BCD and a Regulator/computer w/ 1 guy. Another guy had almost like a snorkel vest on. we got to those two first and checked to see if they were oke and if they needed a float or anything. They said no and pointed us in a direction of a 3rd guy that was with them. So we made sure the 2 were oke and went for the 3rd guy who was way out there. we almost got to him before the jet ski's arrived in which we just spotted him to the guy on the jet ski and started our way back. Being the farthest out, we got hand shakes from the guys that we assisted in the rescue no story of what happened. I got side tracked trying to find who I had given my Digital Camera to when Danny and I first took off to go out after the divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom