Which Dive Ops will Rinse and Store your Gear??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1gromit

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I'll be in Coz first week of May.

Looks like there are a lot of great dive ops available. My specific question is:

- Which ones will rinse and store my gear? (many of their web sites don't mention whether they do or don't...)

I'm staying at one of the resorts but don't want to use house dive op. So, I won't have any easy place to rinse/store my stuff. Which mean I'd like my dive op to provide this service.

Your thoughts, suggestions, experiences?

Thanks!

Don't forget to get an operator that will pick you up at your resort...that can be an issue too. Some will come to certain docks and not others.

I know that Dive Paradise picks up at individual docks. They will also store your gear in a locker, but I don't know if they will rinse it or you have to do it yourself. DP is a very good and safe operation. They have larger boats (more divers) as well as small boats to get out and back a lot faster.

Blue XT Sea not only rinses and stores your gear,
it's all set up on the boat for you the next day...

Living Underwater will take care of your gear - including wet suits. Your tank is set up and waiting for you, wetsuits are folded on your seat and your day bag with mask, fins, etc., is under your seat.

Most of the small operations will take care of your gear. Most will take everything for you except wet suits. And they will also pick up at any pier south of town. Hotel shops usually provide lockers and a gear rinse area. I did see a few divers staying at Fiesta Americana last year who were using lockers at Dive House but not diving with them. You might want to check with your resort and see if the shop makes lockers available to hotel guests who are not diving with them.

scubawife:
Living Underwater will take care of your gear - including wet suits. Your tank is set up and waiting for you, wetsuits are folded on your seat and your day bag with mask, fins, etc., is under your seat.
$80 for a two tanker! :11:

94GTStang:
$80 for a two tanker! :11:

$85 for 2 tank trip. Tax and marine park fee included. Steel 95's and 120's and very personalized service. Far southern and eastern sites at no extra charge. All the little extras. I prefer the steel tanks because I don't get a back ache with them like I do with AL 80's. The extra air is just a bonus, but a nice one when you want to do two deep dives or are heading far south or to the east side.

There are shops charging over $70 for a two tank with 80's, and some charging $87 not including tax and marine park fees for steel 95's and 120's. All depends on what you want and what you are comfortable paying. The question was who will take care of your gear. Who will take care of your gear and have cheap rates is another question. :wink:

scubawife:
$85 for 2 tank trip. Tax and marine park fee included. Steel 95's and 120's and very personalized service. Far southern and eastern sites at no extra charge. All the little extras. I prefer the steel tanks because I don't get a back ache with them like I do with AL 80's. The extra air is just a bonus, but a nice one when you want to do two deep dives or are heading far south or to the east side.

There are shops charging over $70 for a two tank with 80's, and some charging $87 not including tax and marine park fees for steel 95's and 120's. All depends on what you want and what you are comfortable paying. The question was who will take care of your gear. Who will take care of your gear and have cheap rates is another question. :wink:
Yea, true they do have bigger tanks which would really pay off in the end. But when you're a poor collge kid (though I will graduate next month and still be poor), every last dollar goes a long way.

However... I completly forgot about how nice it would be to have someone take care of my gear for me. While I'm far from lazy, it would be nice to have a little more "kick back be lazy" time down by the pool or in town while someone cleans my gear.

94GTStang:
Yea, true they do have bigger tanks which would really pay off in the end. But when you're a poor collge kid (though I will graduate next month and still be poor), every last dollar goes a long way.

However... I completly forgot about how nice it would be to have someone take care of my gear for me. While I'm far from lazy, it would be nice to have a little more "kick back be lazy" time down by the pool or in town while someone cleans my gear.

We've been very fortunate do have done lots of traveling before getting addicted to diving and had many great trips on the cheap as college students and several years after. Now, we work way too much and too hard. So, we've made the choice to not do alot of spending on going out and getting stuff we really don't need so that we can go on at least 4 dive trips every year. I like to stay somewhere comfortable and quiet (not the most expensive places), and eat good food (again, not usually the most expensive) and just really enjoy the diving. $85/day is a great value for what we get. To us it's worth it. Saving $20 and having to haul my bag back and forth everyday, pack along drinks and snacks, towels, etc., just ain't worth it. Not a big deal to do it but heck, if I can valet dive without breaking the bank then sign me up! Afterall, isn't that why it's called vacation and not work?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom