Coz. pics.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sealskin98

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Without going into a long, detailed trip report (although this trip deserves one) here is a synopsis of the trip and a few photos:

We stayed at Caribe Blu and dove with Blue Angel, 7 nites and 5 days diving. I have only stayed at three other hotels/resorts on Coz. but this hotel has become my favorite. The rooms are big; although there were only two of us four people would not have any problem with having enough space. The view from the balcony was great, the air conditioning was nice and cold, the maid kept the room clean, and the beds were actually soft! The only issue I had was a little hot water problem in the shower, but that’s nothing I haven’t had before at other places. Did I mention that the view was great?

Our dives were kinda shallow this trip, but that translated into longer bottom times. The dives were usually about 40 to 70 feet, and the deepest dives we went on were two dives on Santa Rosa Wall to 85 feet. The longest bottom time for me was 56 minutes on an AL80.

The usual reef suspects were seen, parrot fish, angel fish family, blue tangs, a sea turtle, a couple of green morays, an octopus, a rather large nurse shark, crabs, lobster, etc. and just on the edge of vis. on a safety stop there was some kind of fish giving an eagle ray hell. Was chasing and biting on him like all get-out.

These pictures are straight out of the camera and haven’t been through photoshop (I don’t have that program) so they are not real good. All I did was set the white balance on the sand with a Canon A95.

The photos are:

Oh, can't post pics. now.

Firefyter and I waiving HI! Oh, that’s a couple of lobsters. :D

The small sea turtle.

A queen angle (I thought that one turned out fairly good).

The DM Jose on Santa Rosa Wall at 85 feet.

A small green moray that Firefyter found that was sticking his head out of the coral to check us out (you can just see his head about the middle of the pic.).

And the view from the balcony of the room. Did I mention that the view was great?

All and all I think this was one of the best trips I’ve had there. Great hotel and location, easy dive schedule (we did the 10 a.m. dives; hey, I’m on vacation) and great dives. I think that I may actually go back. :D :D :D

sealskin98:
The only issue I had was a little hot water problem in the shower, but that’s nothing I haven’t had before at other places. Did I mention that the view was great?

We also had a hot water problem - although our friend next door did not...strange....
The view was AMAZING. Definatly stay there again. :)

Ok, Sealskin posted a pretty good review, so I'm not gonna try my hand at that. I do have several pictures, though, both underwater and up top at the hotel and around the island.

These pictures were shot with a Canon A80, shutter speed priority setting with the white balance set to cloudy. No external strobe, only the internal flash. The only ones that have been retouched are some of the blue ones that I took the spots out of. Notice #38, I took the spot out of it, then left the original in because it looks like a moon underwater.

Coz '06 pics

The lobsters look like they are dancing in unison. I just booked my trip for August woohoo! It was down to Caribe Blue and Vista Del Mar but Vista Del Mar won out.

Mike looks like y'all had a great trip.....Foo and I will be there next week too bad we couldn't have co-ordinated a trip together.....hey maybe next year the Swamp Divers can invade Cozumel.....:D

I wasn't going to post this, but against my better judgment I will. After looking at your pics I don't know if I'll be coming to Coz for some time. Those reefs just look bad with all that sand on them. On a positive note the marine life looks good.

I just returned from Turks and Caicos (Last Month) and the diving was amazing. Coral was abundant and marine life was astounding. I have been obsessed with Coz ever since I went there 3 years ago. However, it's like a first crush it has faded with the hurricanes. My trips from now on will be to Turks and Caicos. I may come back to
Coz someday, but it's lost a lot of luster from me. The sand covered corals, eroded beaches, stripped foilage etc.. It really saddens me that the hurricanes keep hitting her. I love the people and culture of Coz, but she's changed. So, I guess this is goodbye for a little while. I hope to come back in several years and she'll be herself again. In the mean time, Turks and Caicos has really opened my eyes i.e. deep sandy beaches, not crowded, excellent diving. Sorry to hijack this thread, but I want to thank everyone for all the help over the past few years!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom