Dressel Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwilson55

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Dressel Divers in Cozumel? I would appreciate your opinion of them since I have read mixed reviews elsewhere. Thanks for your help.

If you are curious about the quality of the instructors, I can definitely say that they are professional and VERY patient if you have trouble with something. They spent hours and hours with me when I couldn't get a particular skill and they are the only reason why I'm even diving now!

If you are wondering about their operation in general, I can't really say. I'm still a very new diver and I don't really have much to compare them to.

Have used them twice before when we stayed at the Iberostar. My only complaints were 10-15 divers on a boat for one DM (cattle boats), very short surface intervals (15-20 min), all dives were for 45 min regardless of experience and none of the DM's were locals.

The last time we were in Coz, we used Dive Paradise. World of difference. Fast boats with 4-6 divers to one DM, long surface intervals (1 hour+),dives were 50-60 mins and all the DM's were locals who knew the reefs like the back of their hand.

For what it's worth.

Dave (aka "Squirt")

Dressel Divers = Bad dive operation. Stay away. My son had burst ear drum and they would not refund any money on the remaining dives. They are centered on the one time customer $$$ and not a long term customer.

Dive with Mike and Margret at Papa Hogs and you wont go wrong.
No cattle boats Like Dressel Divers.

Hodge Podge

I asked the same question before my gig with Dressel Divers in early August. I also got mostly negative statements. Needless to say, I was really concerned.

After diving with these people for a week I can empathically tell you that they were great. Yes they have large boats. Two instructors (no dive masters --- all their dive guides are instructors) per boat, and no more than 6 to 8 divers per instructor. One day we had the entire big boat to 7 divers. Their entire group of instructors/captains/tenders were the most congenial that I have ever had the pleasure to dive.

They are very safety conscience. They limit most dives to 80' and one hour bottom time. They deploy an underwater surface marker on a reel so divers can ascend reducing the likelihood of a boating mishap.

If you are looking for a more risk taking adventure, you might be happier with another operator. If you are interested in safety, Dressel Divers is your answer.

If you are renting equipment, Cozumel is not recognized as the quality scuba gear rental Capital of the Caribbean. Dressel divers had the best organized and best looking rental gear that I have seen with includes the States.

Located on the Southern portion of the island and very close to the most of the great dive sites, Dressel Divers returned to the Iberostar after every dive. They scheduled and published the dives for the entire week. One could choose to dive four times a day, two dives in the AM, two dives in the PM, one dive in the AM, and one dive in the PM. I really liked the dive mix ‘n match flexibility.

The combination of the Iberostar and Dressel Divers resulted in the best dive vacation my wife and I have had to date.

tinker bell,
welcome to this board.
please take the time to fill your profile.
sounds like y'all had a great holiday.
there are many islands and dive ops left in this world for you to explore.
regards,

"there are many islands and dive ops left in this world for you to explore."

Smokey --- I plan to do just that.

P.S. My last time in Coz was with Dive Paradise. It was not pleasant.

When I dive in Coz, I go with Blue XT Sea, but I stay near town. Sometimes, as far south as Fiesta Americana where I still go with BXTS, but supplement with DiveHouse(on site) for afternoon or shore dives.
I dove with Dressel in Playa del Carmen while staying at the Barcelo Maya. They were professional and offered the convenience of walking out of your hotel room and going for a dive, and then back to your room, restaurant, or the pool for SI.
If I stayed at the Iberostar in Coz, I would probably dive with Dressel.

I agree with you about The Iberostar dive shop... I'll add one more plus... they were very concerned about getting me on a boat that that would take me to Reefs that I had not visted!!

Also, could you help me ...What are the commands that enable you to POSTa message? I can reply to one but cannot post one.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom